Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering selling my car to buy something with a big block in it. I would put a big block in my car but dont have the money to do so. I would describe the car here but there is too much to list, so please check out my website http://members.tripod.com/jon66bu/jon1.html where i have listed all of the work done one it. I have $9000 in this car including purchase and the owner before me had a lot more in it also. Please take the time to check it out and tell me what its worth, i greatly appreciate it.

------------------
Jon, 66 Malibu Sport Coupe
Fremont CA, Birthplace of many a Chevelle
Team Chevelle Member #80
members.tripod.com/jon66bu/jon1.html

·
Registered
994 Posts
Jon...You have a VERY nice Chevelle!!! I can't imagine anyone wanting to sell it? However, I of all people can certainly understand the "Need, desire, want, or gotta have, for more power" (snow-ball effect) A friend bought a '66 Chevelle w/factory 396, powerglide, bench seat, tires, wheels, hubcaps, everything like new or restored to original condition. He also has the build sheet & proteco plate. Five years ago he paid $14,950.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Jon -

Its always a tough call to estimate a car's worth from pix and a description, but my guess is that $6000-$7000 is probably the upper limit for what you can get in CA. If you can take care of some of the missing parts (emblems, rally cap, etc), replace the windshield ($150 installed), and get a straight used bumper for the rear, you'll probably move it quicker. These are all appearance things that turn off potential buyers. The car seems to show real well otherwise.

If you've got some time, advertise it nationally (Trader Online, Hemmings, this site) and you can probably get a better buck for it. A solid California Chevelle with a 4-speed is always highly sought-after, especially in the midwest & east. Good luck!

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50

'68 SS396 (soon to be for sale!)
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
[email protected]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys, i will get a new rear bumper at the next car show/swap meet that comes my way and i have an estimate for the windshield, i was thinking of asking $7000, thanks again.
Jon

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
i'd keep it if i were you, what ever you don't have seems to be what you want, I just bought a 70 a few mo's back, and after i got it (it's just exactly what i wanted) i find myself looking at others. so just remember you KNOW your car just keep doing the little things to it and ENJOY. I am it's takes a little self discipline.

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle5.jpg John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im gunna keep it, there is a lot i want to do and it may take a while, but this is the Chevelle i always wanted and eventually it will be all that i want, just gotta be patient. Thanks for helping me realize this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
WOW sweet ride, that blue is code 2d right?
pretty sure 2d metalic blue, same coulor mine is gonna be but all blue don't have a vinal roof. is that a stock wiring harness if so what is the order the wires go to the wipers? havn't gotten a book to tell me yet, j/k
wicked ride

------------------
OWNER OF A 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/nascar97/Chevelle.html page about the progress on my resto. still being made

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
66 bowtie, HAHA you like the wireing huh, pretty messy but it gets the job done
and on the paint... i have no idea, previous owner painted it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.