Team Chevelle banner
2941 - 2960 of 2971 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I havent been here in maybe a decade or more. So here goes. I'm 45 now, Law enforcement. 2 kids 17 & 12. Working on my 2nd 65 chevelle. Sold the 1st. Found out I wanted another and regretted selling the 1st. Once done. I'll start looking for a 70 for the wife, and only then I can have her grand national.

·
Registered
19 Posts
71 yr old prev self empl Auto tech 38 years. Still involved in automotive stuff. Have a 30 x40 shop in my yard 2 post lift metal lathe Bridgeport mill. A lot of my old tools and some new. Have built quite a few engines muncie 4 speeds. Rear axle gears etc. Trying to keep on keeping on. Willing to share my knowledge with others. Don't know it all. I learn every day. Ernie

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm 38
I teach Physical/Earth sciences.
I also work part time at a local auto parts store for entertainment

How about the rest of you??

------------------
Mr. D
72 454 El Camino
68 RS/SS Camaro
73 RS/LT/Z28 Camaro
99 Firebird TA WS-6 A4
I’m 54 and I’m a mobile crane operator/truck driver… and damn proud of it!
Sky Building Skyscraper Street light Light

Vehicle Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Sky Building Skyscraper Street light Light
Vehicle Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I havent been here in maybe a decade or more. So here goes. I'm 45 now, Law enforcement. 2 kids 17 & 12. Working on my 2nd 65 chevelle. Sold the 1st. Found out I wanted another and regretted selling the 1st. Once done. I'll start looking for a 70 for the wife, and only then I can have her grand national.
I haven't been on this thread for a long time. I'm 63, retired now, a year ago February. I was a maintenaince tech in the dairy industry helping to keep all you pizza and Taco Bell junkies happy. Our company is the largest cheese packaging company in the world at 5 billion dollars in annual sales and growing. I worked there for 39 years.
I've kept my 1969 since 86 because I sold a 55 chevy and a 66 gmc pickup and have kicked my self in the butt ever since. Once I get all my honey do's done (are they ever?) and my new motor in the 69 I'll really start enjoying my retirement.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
12,779 Posts
Don't remember last time I posted here but 62 now and owner of a Fl. a/c company, still working on my 68 Malibu putting Vintage Air in it when I have time to work on it without outside temps in the mid 90's lol, once that's done a Gear Vendor or OD trans is next on the Never Ending list

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I’m 54 and I’m a mobile crane operator/truck driver… and damn proud of i View attachment 748396

wow that is a massive hydro. Let me try gues. What we looking at 300 ton hydro with 280’ boom and a static section about 120’ ? Is there a jib that articulates to swing that chiller over the roof ?

my kinda project!

Reactions: obseSSed

·
Registered
18 Posts
wow that is a massive hydro. Let me try gues. What we looking at 300 ton hydro with 280’ boom and a static section about 120’ ? Is there a jib that articulates to swing that chiller over the roof ?

my kinda project!
Doing air units is the Liebherr LTM 1220 (265 ton) with 197' main boom, 72' folding jib, 2 x 23' boom inserts and a 23' extension with 163,000 lbs. of counterweight. 338' total boom/jib length. That's in her fully dressed configuration and yes, hydraulic offset. An excellent crane.
Dollied up for the road is the Liebherr LTM 1160 (200 ton).
Building Sky Skyscraper Window Tower block

·
Premium Member
1970 Chevelle 454 700R4 12 bolt/3.73
1 Posts
1st Post here.... Just signed up after lurking for years! My name is Craig. I'm 58 and retired from the Federal Gov't. I had a '71 Chevelle in HS and finally purchased another Chevelle. 1970 with a 454, 700R4 and a 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Numbers matching nothing! LOL Been driving it for about 18 months and decided to make some changes. Ordered a LS7 427/570HP and trans package last week and looking forward to the project!!!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

·
Registered
18 Posts
1st Post here.... Just signed up after lurking for years! My name is Craig. I'm 58 and retired from the Federal Gov't. I had a '71 Chevelle in HS and finally purchased another Chevelle. 1970 with a 454, 700R4 and a 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Numbers matching nothing! LOL Been driving it for about 18 months and decided to make some changes. Ordered a LS7 427/570HP and trans package last week and looking forward to the project!!! View attachment 748471
She's a beauty!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm 55 and I've been a millwright with US steel in Gary Indiana for 28 years. I had a couple 66 chevelles in the late 80's then a 75 and a 78 with V8, 4spd, posi, tach,gauges, buckets, console all gone by 89 or so. I've had vettes, camaros,impalas,mustangs,torinos,belairs,c10s,lemans,tempests,bonnevilles, challengers,studebakers,plymouths,GT,SS,RS,RT big blocks small blocks, 3spd,4spd,5spd,6spd, convertibles etc. But I always wanted another chevelle! last summer I found the remains of a rust free 68 SS, apparently it was wrecked in the past and basically parted out. I've found most all of the parts to make a nice cruiser. It will appear mostly stock but have a 427 and minor upgrades for improved drivability. I currently have a 56 belair and 57 corvette that are "done" and a 48 plymouth business coupe 354 hemi and a 49 studebaker truck as projects along with the chevelle.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Hello I’m Chris from the Motorcity, 60 years old and I do CNC Calibration. Can’t wait to quit..Been a Chevelle fan as long as I can remember. My first car was a 70 Malibu that was my Grand Mother’s, that was 1977. I’ve had several and also a few Monte Carlos
It’s been a while since I posted but signed up in 2007.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I’m 54 and I’m a mobile crane operator/truck driver… and damn proud of it!
I wanted to do that since I was a little kid and had my first Tonka crane.....Never pursued it though....awesome.

2941 - 2960 of 2971 Posts