Chevelles.com banner

2841 - 2860 of 2864 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 62, retired at 57.
Worked for the phone company 35 years, when I retired I was working in Outside Plant Engineering, a group that designs building everything that ties your phone lines back to the central office. I designed fibre optic jobs the last 15 years there.
My wife also worked for the phone company. We retired, moved away from the Vancouver BC area and are enjoying the cariboo region of BC.

I'm an avid fly fisher, we do a lotta camping and fishing and I've just bought a 69 SS, rekindling a passion for cars I've had for years.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just turned 51 and plan to retire within the next 11 months. I have been writing software since age 14 and still enjoy it. Cars and computers are two of the many hobbies that I enjoy. Time is precious and I wan't more time for fun stuff :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
62 years young and retired since October 2018. Was a field service engineer for GE Healthcare for 37 years. Enjoy golfing, whitetail deer hunting, fly fishing, and restoring my 70 Chevelle SS. Also enjoy driving my 2004 C5 Corvette.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Will be 51 in October and have been teaching HS math for 29 years. Also drive a school bus, keep the clock at varsity basketball games and teach at the local college in the evenings. Wife and I have a '72 street/strip/show Chevelle.

·
Registered
267 Posts
41 Heavy duty Fleet Mechanic . Been a mechanic for 20 years, been heavy fleet for 6 of it. I think it is crazy that the OP and others are 20 years older now from when this thread started and it is still going!

Reactions: Proc

·
Registered
64 Malibu SS. 327 TH350
19 Posts
35 - software analyst by day (and sometimes nights when i gotta carry a pager) and also do part time work with concessions at TD garden in Boston...although with the whole Covid thing that part time job has been a no go for a while.

·
Registered
1965 Malibu SS
25 Posts
Hi, I'm 65. I retired 6 years ago. Twoyears ago I decided I neede something else to do, so I found a very rough 65 SS and stripped it bare. I now have running drive-able 65 SS. 383 4 speed, needs a paint job but other wise pretty much all new, all work done by myself. Mark

·
Registered
109 Posts
In no particular order here are pics of 3 past cars. A '67 big block, '78 Silver Anniversary, and a '65 Olds Dynamic 88 with a 69 455 Toronado engine. One of my favorite cars, which I don't have a picture of was my first car, a '62 Mercury Meteor with a 289-225 out of a 65 Fairlane.

Chas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Retired OSHA investigator And retired Navy. 3rd time restoring my 67 chevelle. This time Restoration all the way, inside and out. Then cruise rte 66 from CA to NM. Photo is my last resto. Car is in its 3 rd resto now.

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
1,607 Posts
45, PCB/CAD Layout Engineer for an OEM chip manufacturer

·
Premium Member
16,009 Posts
Brew smells WAY better than burnt ATF!

Hey, I'm coming up on 60, and will never have enough money to retire to the style I would love to be accustomed to! In all candor, I could never see myself retiring.

Today, my job is to sell more covered calls on CAR for clients. One day, I guess I'll only be doing for my own account. Or not. I like my job a ton. I also teach PT at the local state school for health insurance, and the joy of being around youngins'. I am a vampire apparently. ;) Again, I could teach finance until my brain shits to bed or my heart stops. I hope the later and never the former.

Scary thought.2/3 of us will lose our marbles before our heart stops. Not to be working here today, BUT PLEASE ensure you have a DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY with some one you trust as agent before it happens.

·
Registered
1966 Chevelle SS
1 Posts
I'm 32 (but have aged in the past year as if I served as president for a term or 2 haha due to both the state of the world as well as my own personal reasons) haha Loved cars since I could collect them in a shoebox and send them down a track to do loop-d-loops. I've always modified things regardless of what they were, fixing things that weren't broken, just seeing what made things tick etc.

Been through the Honda phase, then moved onto German (still have one) and then back to Japanese. I've always preferred sedans, never became a fan of AWD and would agree with the statement "theres no replacement for displacement." Currently daily my IS-F and have my c63 as a side project. Both from 2008 and both naturally aspirated. A car I will own someday because its been a goal since I was a kid is the first generation NSX. I will be a father soon and since the wife is requesting an SUV it might be a good excuse for a Macan... but digress...

I recently purchased a 'project' Chevelle and am here to learn as much as possible while restoring it before gifting it to my father (more or that in my introduction post in that section of the forum)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
71, retired mason, brick mostly, navy veteran, watercolor sporting artist. Married and 1 son in college (still). TC is the best forum around and I am glad to see so many young enthusiasts. I've learned a ton here and hope to continue. I have made great connections here as well. Usually the first place I visit when I turn on the black box. Glad everyone is so civil to each other. Rare these days. I even came around to the new site format which is hard for an old guy.
Tracked my '66 all the way back 8 owners to the original dealership and even got the paperwork to boot. They all want it back-of course! I never want to say, "I regret selling it".
Best, Boyd

Attachments

2841 - 2860 of 2864 Posts