Chevelles.com banner

2821 - 2840 of 2864 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My name is Steve and I am 40 years young. I have a big family (wife and 3 kids), we all live in our property in Cyprus I have my own logistics company with 20 employees, been in this business for 20 years already.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Retired from many careers...

76 years young...

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Hello! This is my first post, and I'm 62 year old guy who had 3 Chevelles a long time ago and want to get back in the "the club". I retired from a 35 year career in Investment Management and now am consulting/managing on my own. I'd love to find a 1969 SS396 like I had, but am also open to other years. I'm in the Chicago area and there seems to be a big community of Chevelle and Chevy fans here. I'm keeping my eye open for ones for sale, and have seen a couple for sale, one at Volo Auto Museum (1969 SS with a 502) and one at Chicago Collector Cars Garage (1967 with a 572!). I'll look forward to visiting this site often! Best wishes to all!
If you're gonna buy a 69-72 Chevelle SS run it by the "whats it worth" or maybe "Tag Team" forums so you can avoid getting ripped off.Lotsa clones being sold as real and getting real SS $$$ don't let that be you.
Welcome to Team Chevelle

·
Registered
1 Posts
68 - Retired Architect - Straight-line racer - Business Owner & Employer, now living the dream! Whose dream it is I still haven't figured out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
189 pages and still going strong...I think I've answered this question approximately 137 times on this thread...

·
Premium Member
1970 Chevelle SS396
82 Posts
I am 66 and was lucky enough to grow up during the muscle car era of the 60's & 70's. Drove a 1969 GTO during that time and sold it in 1992 after priorities changed with marriage and kids. Married 40 years to my high school sweetheart. I was an EMT and safety consultant. One son is a high school physics / astronomy teacher and the other son is a deputy with the sheriffs office. Ever since I sold that GTO I had an urge to get a Chevelle and after retirement the time was right. Happy to be here and learn from you guys.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
60 years old and feel it every day. I'm lucky to be here, Had open heart surgery 7 months ago, this month on the 20th, and I feel freakin' fantastic.
I started driving in 1976, just before the gas crunch, and after the factory muscle car days. I always loved the 70 Chevelle. So after 24 years in the military and going back to the military as a civilian employee. I was able to get my dream car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm 51.

Married, 2 kids, and a USMC Desert Storm/Shield veteran.

My job? Kind of hard to explain. Technically I am a CDL Class A driver. But I work for a civil engineering company that classifies us as steelworkers. We're in the steelworkers union because it's the only union in the area that allows us to do multiple jobs. So while I drive a tractor trailer for them, I also operate heavy equipment, and do other things like repair equipment, weld, etc. I'm kind of a jack of all trades. It's a great company that pays extremely well. I've been there 20 years this year and in 5 years I plan on retiring. I just don't want to work until I'm 70.

My Chevelle is my 5th and hopefully my last. I've sold other Chevelles for what seemed like good reasons at the time. One when I enlisted, one when I got married, one when we had kids, and one for a screaming deal on a 69 Camaro. Last year at a car show, a guy made me a killer offer on my 69 Camaro resto mod and with a daughter about to go to college and a son 2 years behind her I sold it, pocketed $15K (for college) and bought my current Chevelle. This one is my Holy Grail car and it won't ever leave me.
Appreciate your service. Welcome back home!

Reactions: gmw468

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy Chevelle
877 Posts
I'm 51.

Married, 2 kids, and a USMC Desert Storm/Shield veteran.

My job? Kind of hard to explain. Technically I am a CDL Class A driver. But I work for a civil engineering company that classifies us as steelworkers. We're in the steelworkers union because it's the only union in the area that allows us to do multiple jobs. So while I drive a tractor trailer for them, I also operate heavy equipment, and do other things like repair equipment, weld, etc. I'm kind of a jack of all trades. It's a great company that pays extremely well. I've been there 20 years this year and in 5 years I plan on retiring. I just don't want to work until I'm 70.

My Chevelle is my 5th and hopefully my last. I've sold other Chevelles for what seemed like good reasons at the time. One when I enlisted, one when I got married, one when we had kids, and one for a screaming deal on a 69 Camaro. Last year at a car show, a guy made me a killer offer on my 69 Camaro resto mod and with a daughter about to go to college and a son 2 years behind her I sold it, pocketed $15K (for college) and bought my current Chevelle. This one is my Holy Grail car and it won't ever leave me.
I’m 54, happily married, Enjoy my field of work, I listen to a bunch of guys that complain every day about working but keep pushing them forward to build things the right way and do the right thing.
Veterans - I highly appreciate all you guys, old and young, men & women, seniors first gentlemen, that fought for or stood for, whether they believed in it or not, for what I am able to do today and enjoy, Knowing that some senior or young tough SOB put his life in front of mine no matter what the circumstance is a peace of mind. Cheers to you guys, we don’t do enough for our service men & women. Should we ever cross paths I will go out of my way to make sure you know it. God bless and have a great time doing what ever your doing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m 68, retired architect and General Contractor in CA. Cars: CAR 1: 1971 Chevy Chevelle SS 454, GM correct CAR 2: 1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE 440 numbers matching. 95% restored. Love this hobby and love talking to all you Chevelle enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino: 283, TKO500, 3.36 posi.
80 Posts
Physically 64 years old, my mind thinks I’m 35. Retired 2013 after 27.5 years of chasing taillights with the CHP. Gave up beach living and moved to Scottsdale,AZ. in May 2017 . I Spend my time hanging out with my lovely bride of almost 30 years. We like spending our time tooling around in the nearby back country. My other hobby is working on my El Camino. I have two adult daughters and four granddaughters. I

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scott...43 ish ...Retired Air Force ...Currently a government contractor.

This is my second stint on Team Chevelle; I stepped away for a bit to focus on other things...then I couldn't access my old profile nor email I used, so here I am anew. LOL

BTW, why can't I post new threads?

·
Gold Founding Member
63,103 Posts
Scott...43 ish ...Retired Air Force ...Currently a government contractor.

This is my second stint on Team Chevelle; I stepped away for a bit to focus on other things...then I couldn't access my old profile nor email I used, so here I am anew. LOL

BTW, why can't I post new threads?
Try it now

2821 - 2840 of 2864 Posts