Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they have been running commercials (public service advisments) on the radio station i listen to, under the AMERICAN LEGACY blah, blah, blah.they are actually saying people that smoke, emit toxic clouds in thier flatulence, i kid you not, they're advising smokers to, "take it outside", and even have a little skit of a woman calling her husband, a "keeper", for being kind enough to remove himself from the room.

now.....before the jokes start, has anybody else heard this? i'm trying to figure out if it's just a joke, the station is running, or for real...

personally, i always take it somewhere else, i feel it's only courteous not to submit my stench to others, and i make it clear i don't appreciate others.

now, i know a lot of you were raised where it was a fun family game, "french oven", "stinky sanchez" etc. i have no problem with what you do at home, but it's just my preference. i respect others and i'd hope they would respect me...i won't even smoke in another person's home or car, even if they choose to do so.

ok, for lack of a better term, let it fly....

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Bill. I think its just another one of the smoke Nazi's BS scare tactic's.
I haven't seen that one yet but I'm sure it will make the "truth" commercials I see all the time. I just wish they would tell the truth about the "surgeon Gen. determination on second hand smoke".
"TRUTH" The surgeon general has determined that people living in the same house and exposed to second hand smoke on a daily basis are at a greater risk of developing lung cancer. Not the person walking down the street and passing a smoker on the other side of the street, Like the commrecials want you to believe.
I agree with you. I do my best to respect the rights of others, I just wish I could get the same respect.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
So, there is a PSA where you live advising that smokers' farts are bad for you? Or, is it farts in general? I've always been a SBD (silent but deadly) gasser, but I generally leave the room.

However, if it's really good (e.g., Beer mixed with chili followed by an egg breakfast) I'll share with my buddies for sure. :D :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i was a kid, there was something that was called a "larry" it's where you ate lots of fast food, perferably chili dogs, and enter an elevator, release the silent killer, then leave on the next floor, hitting all the buttons on the way out.....

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Bill,

I think you may be missing the bad joke there. I know the "Don't pass gas" ad you are talking about but I think the "gas" they are talking about is the cigarette smoke itself.

It's a dumb commercial trying to be clever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts