Team Chevelle banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.runyourcarwithwater.com/?hop=patkaa26

Go here and read, anyone tried this yet? I want to order this, but dont want to order a scam. This other made for your car kit that was shown on NBC nightly news, was tested by them in a Durango, which got 9.4 mpg average before the kit. After the kit was installed and filtered the engine for one month, it made the vehichle get 26.4 mpg on average. Also it got 21 mpg in city driving, on a Dodge Durango, WOW! It was like a 2000-2001 Durango also. Now this link I got is how to make this yourself, and watch the video, this guy cuts things better than a torch, and it is fueled with water. The kit on NBC is over a thousand dollars, with this link it is under $150.00 Let me know what you guys think, Jeff

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts
NOT AGAIN!!!

You should have learned this in 9th grade Science class:

Yes, you can separate the hydrogen from oxygen in water by passing an electric current through it.

NO, it's not feasible to do this with your car battery because burning the hydrogen and oxygen isn't going to produce as many BTUs of work as it took the alternator to split the water to begin with.

You have therefore a net loss of efficiency. Not to mention that you provided a ****load of profit to people who should be in jail.

http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46822

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Right; every time gas prices spike, there's a new round of "perpetual motion machines" that pop up, promising this kind of claim about gas mileage.

Gets pretty tiresome after a few decades.

It's exactly as Schurkey said. All it does, is to add this extra cycle of work that the engine has to do and then recover some of the energy it consumed in that process, except with losses taken out of it so it doesn't get it all back. In other words, it COSTS gas mileage. Unless of course the energy to split the water molecules comes from somewhere else (house current or whatever), in which case, sure it increases gas mileage, but you pay more for it in your utility bill than the gas you "save". Not to mention the expense of installing the hardware to put it into effect.

In this universe, energy doesn't miracle itself up out of nothing, no matter how cute the chick delivering the pitch on the web site, or how slick the ad copy is.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
"You can't cheat an honest man, my dear, so never give a sucker an even break, or smartin' up a chump." W. C. Fields

"There is a sucker born every minute, and that's enough to make a living." attributed to P.T. Barnum

"Even a magician has to work."

"I don't have what you want, but I have something better." Greasy Harry

"You don't give away__________ like this." Big Diane

The "Big Lie" is as old as life itself. You can tell if it is the "Big Lie" because it always requires you to compromise something: money, ethics, respect; to get something that will make your life better: sex, fame, good gas mileage, a new nose.

You can't get something for nothing: that is magic. There is no such thing as magic.

Isaac Newton's observation of the Laws of Thermodynamics needs to be taught in the first grade.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Right; every time gas prices spike, there's a new round of "perpetual motion machines" that pop up, promising this kind of claim about gas mileage.

It's exactly as Schurkey said. All it does, is to add this extra cycle of work that the engine has to do and then recover some of the energy it consumed in that process, except with losses taken out of it so it doesn't get it all back. In other words, it COSTS gas mileage. Unless of course the energy to split the water molecules comes from somewhere else (house current or whatever), in which case, sure it increases gas mileage, but you pay more for it in your utility bill than the gas you "save". Not to mention the expense of installing the hardware to put it into effect.

In this universe, energy doesn't miracle itself up out of nothing, no matter how cute the chick delivering the pitch on the web site, or how slick the ad copy is.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
And up steps E85. LJ

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts

Oh, yes--tiresome it is. But am I really that old that I've begun to need to measure time in decades? (well, yeah. I guess I am that old.)

Isaac Newton's observation of the Laws of Thermodynamics needs to be taught in the first grade.
No, we're too busy teaching them to wear seat belts, don't run with scissors, no means no, consumption is good...

And then the teachers have to dumb-down the coursework so that the lowest-common-denominator cannot fail. Because failing is bad, and hurts their spirit. So no-one is allowed to fail. Therefore there's no actual achievement, pride, or self-confidence inherent in "not failing".

And up steps E85.
Don't get me started. You won't like it when I get on that soapbox.

Sometimes I think that we should just put politicians in prison for the full term of their elected position. All of 'em. From the moment they're elected.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Oh, yes--tiresome it is. But am I really that old that I've begun to need to measure time in decades? (well, yeah. I guess I am that old.)

No, we're too busy teaching them to wear seat belts, don't run with scissors, no means no, consumption is good...

And then the teachers have to dumb-down the coursework so that the lowest-common-denominator cannot fail. Because failing is bad, and hurts their spirit. So no-one is allowed to fail. Therefore there's no actual achievement, pride, or self-confidence inherent in "not failing".

Don't get me started. You won't like it when I get on that soapbox.

Sometimes I think that we should just put politicians in prison for the full term of their elected position. All of 'em. From the moment they're elected.
Ron Paul is the exception to the last part of your political statement, a more honest man doesn't exist.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Not again:noway:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Harold Sutton,, You must be God Almighty Himself,, or either Mr. Ed in disguise. I really liked hearing Ron say the things I say all the time,, but , you cannot be a politician and an honest man at the same time. You can however be an honest type man and work in government. The very word "politics" describes itself,,, the first part if you say "polite," is what a politician is to your face, and then say the last part,, "tic", is what he is after getting what he wants. They smile and smile and get that great job and then latch onto you and suck the life blood out of you from then on,,, LJ

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Quote:Sometimes I think that we should just put politicians in prison for the full term of their elected position. All of 'em. From the moment they're elected.Unquote.

"Politician" is a Greek word meaning "Tick on a dumb pig's butt."

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts
Ron Paul is the exception to the last part of your political statement, a more honest man doesn't exist.
Yes, I intend to vote for him. He may not win, but he deserves the vote anyway.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Is that a NO? By the way, is there anything I can ask or say on this web site that doesnt make Schurkey hunt my post down, try to make me feel dumb or verbally try to impress me or someone else? Long winded speeches on how super duper smart he is and how dumb the rest of the world is, by the way voting for Ron Paul? I suppose you think we shouldnt pay income taxes and the U.S government blew up the World Trade Centers, and George Bush was behind 911, Kennedy was assasinated because he slid through the selection of presidents, because they are not elected, they are selected. What else????? Oh the Divinci code is real, and there are aliens among us... Peace, my fellow Americans

·
Registered
613 Posts
No? I don't know. But when RB69SS396CONV speaks, people should pay attention. Not only does he know engines and cars, he is a physicist,, highly intellectual,, also he is an avid collector,, loves 400 sbc heads. LJ

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Think about it. You supply energy to separate the water into hydrogen and oxygen and then burn the mixture to produce energy and....yup, more water. Doesn't sound very practical to me.

Tom

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts
Is that a NO?
Yup.

By the way, is there anything I can ask or say on this web site that doesnt make Schurkey hunt my post down, try to make me feel dumb or verbally try to impress me or someone else?
I don't hunt for posts, or for individuals who make them. I make some amount of effort to NOT look at who is posting. I try to avoid discriminating based on who buys a membership and who does not. My goal is to "just calls 'em as I sees 'em."

Long winded speeches
Guilty as charged much too often.

First Guess: This is the one you have in mind: http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223269

by the way voting for Ron Paul?
Yup. I just don't see any way around it. It scares the hell out of me to be voting for a "Republican"; after the mess Bush has created I vowed I'd never vote Republican again. But Hillary and Obama are just as bad. Different, but just as bad.

I suppose you think we shouldnt pay income taxes
Guilty as charged. I've said--publicly, on these forums--how I believe the PERSONAL (not corporate) income tax should be repealed; and replaced with an import tax paid at point-of-purchase similar to sales taxes. NO paperwork, NO filing, NO record-keeping, NO deadlines, NO H & R Block scamming people for hundreds of dollars to fill out forms for people who "could" be perfectly capable of doing it themselves except for the unconscionable IRS intimidation and perpetual Congressional complication of the tax code.

Communist and other hostile nations would be charged the highest percentage, Canada and Mexico which would be at the lowest rates. Other countries in between; with the import tax rate perhaps based on the amount of trade imbalance for the prior year. Raw--or in some cases minimally prepared--materials would be exempt from import tax, the tax would be primarily levied against finished goods; or agricultural products where there is a domestic supply.

Wanna hear about my ideas for prison reform?

and the U.S government blew up the World Trade Centers, and George Bush was behind 911, Kennedy was assasinated because he slid through the selection of presidents, because they are not elected, they are selected. What else?????
We're going to know more about what really happened fifty years from now. I don't rule out anything that involves governmental action--or inaction--or deliberate deception of the citizens by people with too much money and power pulling the strings of corrupt or stupid politicians.

Oh the Divinci code is real,
There's more than one source confirming at least part of that fictionalized story. And no, I don't trust the Pope. Men in funny hats controlling an unimaginable fortune--but claiming poverty--and trying to run my life scare me.

and there are aliens among us...
Lots and lots of 'em; and I think there's too many legal ones on H1B visas. The illegal aliens (Cross-border Invaders) are so numerous as to be TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL and the best--and very simple--way to deal with that issue is NOT building a "fence", but rather to put their employers in prison (general population--no "country club" "prison") with a felony conviction. When the CEO, the Board of Directors, and the "Vice-President of Personnel" recognize that as corporate decision-makers, they're going to do hard time for cheating citizens out of jobs--they'll hire citizens. (or at least legal residents)

When the Cross-Border Invaders CAN'T get work--they'll go home; and I don't want a fence stopping them.

Peace, my fellow Americans
And now that we all know that I'm living in a fantasy land...peace to you, as well.

Lots of stuff is gonna change when I'm Emperor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL, I have to admit Schurkey, you make me chuckle, you raise alot of great points, even in the long winded stuff:) I think if you were running for president, I would vote for you. As far as presidential vote, they are all a joke, yes GW the second, (Macain) is a terrible choice. Ron Paul may get my vote, but he wont win, than its a wasted vote, I dont know if I want that either. Honestly I wish Romney was in it, hes the man that would have got my vote, maybe next time, God help us all, Take care, Jeff

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts
LOL, I have to admit Schurkey, you make me chuckle
Thank you. I'm pleased we found some common ground.

Votes aren't "wasted" if they're for a person you believe in. Someday--some underdog that is liked by the citizens and hated--or just ignored--by the press is going to get a surprise victory. I hope I live long enough to see it.

If Minnesota is like here, you'll have to write his name on the ballot, AND don't forget to check the box next to his name.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts