Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I went out yesterday to change the oil pressure sending unit upon some good advice I had received from some fellow TC'ers right after I bought the truck. So I bought a new one from work, but when I went looking for it yesterday, i could not find it, someone had told me right next to the manifold, but the only one I could find appeared to be the water temp. sensor, and the repair manual I have for those trucks says it is right above the oil filter, but unless it is directly above it where you can't see it, then I didn't see it there either, where is this thing??? It's a '92 GMC 3/4ton 4x4 with a 350. Thanks guys very much, your help as always is very much appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
on my '89, the sending unit is right next to where the distributor goes into the engine, behind the carb. It is a beeyatch to get at. It's conveniently mounted on a very soft brass fitting that is garaunteed to break off in the hole. I went through 3 before I got it replaced without breaking the fitting, and ended up with the front of my truck smashed against a tree (long story).

At any rate, be very careful with the brass fittings, or have an easy-out on hand... and when you have to go to the hardware store to get a new fitting after breaking off the original one, don't try to put your truck in neutral and push it out from in front of the garage door so you can get the car out...

------------------
Brian
Durham, NC
My Toys:
69 Chevelle Malibu
2001 Camaro SS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.