Team Chevelle banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an oil leak on my car (350 small block), I have narrowed it down to the oil pressure sender area. I thought it was where my pressure sender threaded into the block, so I cleaned it up and used teflon tape on the threads, but the leak is still there. I have heard that the back of the intake in that area is prone to leaking. What is the best way to determine if it is the sender or the intake?

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
The rear of the intake can leak, or the distributor if the gasket is missing between the dist. and the intake manifold. The oil pressure sender if it is faulty can leak oil where it is crimped together.

Paul

·
Registered
615 Posts
Depending on how bad its leaking, if you wash and dry it real good you might be able to find the source easy. I've used a paper towl after washing on the suspect spots to verify it was clean of oil. Run the car for a short time, and paper towel it again.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try it with a paper towel, its hard to tell though because at idle, it doesnt leak a drop, as soon as I drive it starts to really look though. I'm thinking it is probably the oil pressure sender and it leaks when I get the rpms up and build higher oil pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts