Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to change out plugs due to oil fouling every couple weeks on my 350 671 blown motor. I am getting ok oil pressure but its a little on the low side, and i did a compression test that turned out ok also. The 2 lowest cylinders were 135lbs, 4 were at mid 140's and the rest were at 150. The heads are aftermarket world sportsman heads so i can't see them having bad valve seals since they don't have over 10k miles on them and are aftermarket and all the plugs are fouling equally as bad.

I did notice that at WOT when I really get into power and boost I start to blow white smoke out the exhaust on deceleration and was wondering what that has to do with. I have a pcv running onto the rear carb on top of the blower (eddy 600's) and was going to pull that off because I'm thinking that maybe the blower is pulling oil in from the carbs.

how can I go about seeing where i'm oil fouling from. I just pulled the plugs and the threads on the plugs were just covered in oil, and the plugs themselves were all oiley and sooty.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Guides, put your thumb against the retainer and see how much deflection you get. Or maybe your intake gasket is sucking oil from the lifter gallery.

Dave

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Are you blower rotor seals leaking? Check intake manifold gaskets. Back in the stone ages, we used to dimple all around the intake ports with a center punch to get a good bite into the gaskets to keep them from blowing out in case on an occaisional "pop". I know: that never happens anymore.

What Dave says and check the backs of the valves to see if seals are leaking.

Sounds like you need warmer plugs, too.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Darko..Idle the engine with both the pcv valve and opposed inlet air filter removed fron the valve covers.What you are looking for is excessive blowby.If the misted oil is visually apparent out both valve covers..your cyl seal is suspect.Oil is obviously being introduced into the combustion chamber.Pooled oil behind a closed intake valve is most likely in order,valve seals/guides or intake gasket pulling from the lifter gallery.If you have excessive blowby,then you drop into the shortblock and go after cylinder seal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts