Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES, after months and months and many problems I finally have my 454 running! YAY. Got to take it out for it's first drive today. Finished breaking in the cam last night and took her out on the road today. Boy I love it how when I drive my `71 everybody turns their head as they pass me on the highway

Crap, I never drove a vehicle with an engine bigger than a 350 until today and I must say, no matter what anybody sais, switching from a SB to a BB is definitely worth it. I just friggin touch the gas and bye bye tires, and that's with a 2.73 geared rearend! Well, none the less, everything went great, no major problems except for a backfire which i'm sure destroyed my powervalve. Other than that I have a smile pasted on my face that will be lasting for a long time

------------------
Chris Dagenais
Saskatchewan, Canada
CST Kelsey
'71 Malibu soon to be 454!
member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
sounds great i geta drive my 70 daily but with a smokin 307 and i can't wait to get this 350 in her and get some HP not like yours but at least i will be able to break the tires loose

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle9.jpg members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/350.jpg
John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r (soon to be 350 or 383)

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
738 Posts
Way to go Chris! Glad to hear the rat is being good to you. Enjoy that beast properly...put down some black for all of us (safely of course!)
Congrats again!

------------------
'70 Malibu - 383 'Fog Fed' Stroker! Houston, Texas Gold Member #39
Chevellz Alwayz!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Aren't they cool!! Congrats on unleashing another rat on the streets of Sasketchewan. I've never driven one either, really cool. rats rule.

Good job!

·
Registered
155 Posts
My overweight 72 Monte with a tired baby rat (402 8.5:1) with 2.73's munches on rice every chance I get. I love rats. I had a 64 Merc in high school with a big block. It needed help but still smoked most anything that was stock. I love torque! Congrats!

------------------
Dale P.
Team Chevelle Member# 243
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"

·
Registered
18 Posts
So ya beat tha snow-man!

Congrats, man!

Make a .wav for me??

Partel.

------------------
Partel Roos
Tallinn, Estonia, Europe
Law Student, Tartu University (a.d. 1632)
GSM cell ph: +37 250 93828

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.