Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the heads are on! Yeah! I can't believe the torque wrench could reach all the bolts.

Anyway, I was just musing about the next step, pushrods and rockers, wondering how to determine what the cold clearance spec is. The first rocker arm I picked up had a really big, deep rut worn on it from the end of the valve. Really scarey deep, like I'm glad the stem didn't stick throught. Great. A few of the others had impressions worn on them, but most were ok. It looks like rocker time.

So, I need recommendations for some reasonably priced replacement rockers, but roller tip this time. I kinda like Harland-Sharp because the name sounds cool, like gourmet root-beer or something
How do I pick the ratio, does that relate to anything specific on the head that I have to match? Is there something that must match up to the Lunati cam? The push rods look good, but will I need new ones in a specific length? I hope roller rockers don't need special stem valves......

As always, thanks for the help.

[This message has been edited by gibbons (edited 05-30-2001).]

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I'd give Summit's rockers a try. I have their roller rockers in my 406. They look just like the Trick Flow roller rockers listed in their catalog for more $$. So am thinking they are just re-boxed rockers for less $$.

------------------
'65 Maliblue 406SBC/PG TC #811
'94 Camaro 1LE (original owner)
'97 HD Softtail Springer

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ken
do you have the tall valve covers?

I have harland Sharp on my 54. You need tall covers and you will need to round off two corners on the rocker to clear the covers.
I can explain better sometime if you get them

I used the 1.7s which is stock for a 454.

------------------
Mr. D
72 454 El Camino
68 RS/SS Camaro
73 RS/LT/Z28 Camaro
99 Firebird TA WS-6 A4 Color: Pewter
1995 LT-1 Caprice
1976 Jaguar XJ12L Chevy 350 converted . . for sale.
An all GM site http://www.gmforums.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.