Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got hit by hail outa no where driving home from a car show it's night now and raining soo hard i can't see but im positive the left side is demolished along with the hood/top/trunk
1month old paint man my luck sucks

here's some "before" pics probably doesn't look like that now

update went out and felt it and i can't feel any dents hopefully it heald up but the hail was large enough (1") to make me get back from the windows i will see what it's like in the morning
------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle5.jpg John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

[This message has been edited by chev-hell (edited 09-25-99).]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the warning. I'm about 180 miles east of you so maybe I should expect some bad weather heading my way. I'd better be sure the Chevelle is in the garage and the truck windows are up.

[This message has been edited by Doc Willis (edited 09-25-99).]

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I was just watching that mess from a couple of hours ago from the Sutherlands on Denton Highway. The radar showed a line of thunderstorms right on the Dallas/Tarrant county line, and just south of DFW airport. You weren't at Bartley's in Grapevine by any chance, were you?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHOO HOOOO not a scratch can you belive it dime-golfball size hail for over 2 minutes blowing sideways and not a scratch THANK YOU GOD oh i was in burleson when it hit came from car show in Saginaw.

------------------
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
That was the Opal Jennings benefit show. E-mail me next time before you show your car. I'll make it a point to come check it out.
The sheetmetal on the older cars is made from a heavier gauge than newer cars. That's probably what saved you.

[This message has been edited by Randy Mosier (edited 09-27-99).]

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
John, my 70 was caught in several hail storms and never got hurt, a friends Camry sitting right next to it looked like it had been attacked by a hammer. GM used to put some steel in them back then.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh Randy Randy my friend, i wasn't showing it just looking around (not even near show quality and may never be since it's a daily driver) but i did have a lot of people looking at it, in the parking lot behind the show and compliments. Damn that makes me feel good
sad to say the show was small as can be, too bad for Opal's family i thought it would be at least good size for her benefit

------------------
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
622 Posts
A guy at work had this happen to a jap truck - OOOOHHHHHHH My! very bumpy, but evenly spaced and uniform. Actually looked kinda cool on a jap thang, but would suck on a real car! Guess thats why they sell bondo in gallons!

------------------
Gotta have a Chevy !In Durham N.C.

·
Registered
85 Posts
chev-hell,

Isn't your car the one just a few weeks back
painted at MAACO.. and was catching HELL about what a crappy place to have it painted at???

Who's LOL now?

I'm happy you didn't get any hail dings.

Len.

------------------
our Website: sites.netscape.net/thebowtiegang/homepage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.