Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What will it take to put a 4l60e transmission from a 1994 Trans Am into my 1997 Tahoe 4x4 ?

I'm just looking for the differences.
Worse bet, are the two cases the same and I could "swap over" my parts?

EDIT
I just read the post down further below mine asking to do the opposite. Seems 4t60e thinks it can't be done. Drat. O'well, I sent him a PM to find out what it would take to swap over parts if need be.

· Premium Member
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For the sake of completion, here is the reply I got from 4t60e:

Hey Mike what you want to do is more hassle than worth. first off your output shaft and case are different. You could get around this however the electronics are also different. This you cannot get around. In 94 the 3-2 downshift solenoid was pulse width modulated and the tcc solenoid was on/off. In 97 the tcc solenoid was pulse width modulated,PWM and the 3-2 solenoid was on/off.
The wiring harness is different along with the case, valve body, seperator plate, and pump. The computer( if you don't fry it) will pick up on the different solenoids instantly. Seeings how they have different resistances. Not worth the hassle.

:( Bummer. No such thing as a free lunch. :sad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.