Team Chevelle banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
We have a drive-in close by. New owners will not have car shows, or show older movies. Place has gone downhill fast since these new owners have taken over. We went a couple months ago and the concessions have stopped they only sell cold popcorn and soda cans.

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,880 Posts
Man I used to love the drive in movies. Now I can't even stay up that late. Getting up at 4-5am, I am done by 9:30pm.

Reactions: Capt Casey

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We have a drive-in close by. New owners will not have car shows, or show older movies. Place has gone downhill fast since these new owners have taken over. We went a couple months ago and the concessions have stopped they only sell cold popcorn and soda cans.
Once they had full concession stand with seating out front and a large kid playground.

·
Registered
731 Posts
When I was 16 I had the same 63 Biscayne, even the same colour, and I could fit 9 teenagers in it with nobody sitting on laps. 4 in the front bench and 5 in the back. Probably get another half dozen in the trunk. ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Remember going to drive-in in the summertime in N Dakota, movie started at 10 PM and you went home the next day.

Reactions: LeoP

·
Premium Member
Vancouver BC Canada
2,533 Posts
We still have ....one.....yep one..... It moved once to make way for the condos and town houses that were creeping towards it... I'd say it's got another two years left before it's gone.
To see a drive in movie at that last one, I'd have to go 30 miles out of the City. When there used to be 3 not 10 mins from where I live now.

Reactions: shovelrick

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Got one here in Beaufort SC. Never been to a movie, but did go to a car show.

Not super interested in sweating for two hours on a summer evening.

But I have heard rumors that you can put two or more folks in the trunk of a 66 Galaxy to sneak them into a drive in...

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,595 Posts
We had 3 in St. Petersburg, one turned into a shopping plaza, 1 an elementary school and the best one a Flea Market that's now a car dealership, I could get 5 friends in the trunk of my 68 or 69 Torino GT's, used to be fun meeting places to hang out and hardly ever new what was playing on the screen unless it was something like Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry LOL

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
In 1977 I had a 55 Chevy and we loaded the trunk with as many as we could fit in or as many that wanted to go. (Lucky they weren't asphyxiated). And beer in the back seat too. Good times, great memories. Back when life was a lot more simple!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts