Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my existing speedometer/odometer and want to turn the odometer to all zero's, does anybody know how to do this task. I have checked with the state on the legalities, it's legal as long as the car is older than 10 years.

Thanks, Bryan

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
Brute force method is to chuck it up in an electric drill. A local speedometer shop probably has the technical knowhow to do it easier.

------------------
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
GR8PMKN

Dale's Place Team 67
Midwest Chevelle Regional Governing Council
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The only other way is to completely disassemble the speedo and reset all the tumblers.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)
My 70SS

·
Registered
859 Posts
Speedos of the 70s and earlier are easy to run back. It's relatively easy to dissassemble and remove the gears to reset the numbers. The drill method also works well if you don't want to risk breaking the speedometer needle since it probably will have to be removed to disassemble the gears. I have run them back in as little as 45 minutes including removing and reinstalling the unit in the dash. Uh, that was before it was a federal offense to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.