Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I replaced the old boneyard 700R4 I had with a Bowtie Overdrives 700R4 tranny I discovered that because of the way BTO changes the internal wiring of the lockup solenoid my B&M lockup control wouldn't work(much to my chagrin)! In fact it quit working period! I've been using the toggle switch/Bosch type relay set up they(BTO) prescribes but I much prefer the B&M control.

I thought the B&M unit was burned out but I have now found there's an inline fuse that blew, not the control!!!!

I now understand the difference and can make a minor change in the wiring and the B&M control will work!

Anyway, the fuse I need is an AGC 3/8 A, 250 V item none of the parts houses have. Seems strange to have a 250V fuse in a 12V system! :confused: Anybody know if I can substitute it with something more common?

I'll try an electronics supply house tommorow anyway.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
AGC is the size or the type of fuse. 3/8 amp is the size you need. An electronics house should have them. The max voltage rating? Ignore it. You will see that on fuses.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I was wondering why your B&M controller wouldn't work. After all, it's ultimately just a switch.

Glad you figured it out.

I had to move to a different terminal in the male end of the weatherpack connector to mate my lockup with the internals on my new 700R4. Works great now.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up a box of fuses today so I should be able to get things back to normal.

BTO changes the internal wiring so the terminal that was grounded before with the B&M(D pin)is now a power feed for the 2,3 manual lockup and the other terminal(a pin)is hot for high gear only lockup. The B&M unit didn't work like that and blew a fuse. I think all I have to do is let the B&M control power the manual lockup terminal instead of using the toggle switch. I can still change to a manual swith pretty easily when I need to for any drag strip action.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts