Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend an actane booster? I see "104" and Moroso's in the catalogs... are these any good?
Or, should I just drive to the track, with minimun gas and put in a few gallons of 100?
Phil

·
Registered
982 Posts
O.k. Lets start with, "what kind of compression are you running, and how much total timing do you have?" I am assuming that you do not have ridiculously high compression since you are asking about 100 octane, as opposed to 110 or 116. A friend of mine used some octane booster, and it turned his plugs orange, so I recommend against that. I prefer to mix a tank of fuel. My old 10:1 compression 283 used to love a mixed tank of 92-94 with 100. So far I have been running my 396(402)on Sunoco 94 with good results, however, I will probably mix with 100 on occasion. Keep your timing within reasonable limits and mix fuels, and you'll probably be pretty satisfied.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Phil, here is what i do. It costs just as much for a bottle of additive as five gals of gas (avation fuel 100LL). Around here its ten bucks. So if you think about it you are getting five gallons of gas instead of a pint of additive for the same amount of money. So youll put in less 92 gas in the car. Hence less money spent on gas in the long run. Make sense??.....*S*S*

·
Registered
648 Posts
i mix fuel also, i've got 11.5 to 1 comp. so i try to get close to 102 octane. the car runs good with that. i've noticed that after changing gas stations, i'm getting a milky white colored residue on my back bumper just above the exhuast tips?? are there different type of fuels out there? some better than others? john..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.