Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo I booked my plane tickets yesturday to head over to the States for the first time. I will be spending the majority of my time around Ocala and was wondering if there would be any car shows etc worth going to see while Im there. Will be around the first 2 and a half weeks of April.
Cheers

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Don Garlits museum is probably already on your list, but if it's not, it's well worth the price of admission.

Reactions: rjt427 and davewho1

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Spring Daytona car show is March 24-26th, a short drive from Ocala.
National Parts Depot has a store in Ocala. Usually a couple of musclecars on the showroom floor. Silver Springs is right there too, worth a visit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jon. Yes that is on my list. Unfortunately I wont be there that early Randy. What is Silver Springs?
I will be staying with a local but they arent a big car person. We will also be doing a road trip up to Chicago.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Thanks Jon. Yes that is on my list. Unfortunately I wont be there that early Randy. What is Silver Springs?
I will be staying with a local but they arent a big car person. We will also be doing a road trip up to Chicago.
Silver Springs is a tourist attraction with some of the deepest clearest springs in the country. The Tarzan movies were filmed there as well as many of the old Sea Hunt series starring LLoyd Bridges. Beautiful place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Ross.
I visited Florida in 2008 and found a magazine called "Mike Kellys Cruise News" if my memory is correct.
Then I remember Old town Kissimmee, that was a blast

Tommy

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
On your road trip to Chicago, will you be going through central Illinois? If so and you are into corvettes stop in Effingham and tour Mid America corvettes museum.

https://www.mamotorworks.com/

·
Premium Member
14,047 Posts
Ross, I live just down the road apiece near Brooksville, post up here and we can try a get together then!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Rick. Im not sure which way we are going but we will have a few days each way.

Thanks Leo. It would be nice to catch up with you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts