Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installed the new LT4 in the Chevelle, I'm also considering putting in a single DIN radio where it has a flip out screen.

I'd like to be able to output the OBD2 data to an APP and have it show up on the radio display.

has anyone seen this?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Sorry I can't comment on your question but I hope you'll post a build thread, I'd like to see this project!

As I recall, they did one on Phantom Works and I believe they had to section & box the chassis.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Instead of your radio, would you like to see OBDII data on your smart phone? With a cheap Bluetooth module on the OBDII port, your smart phone with a free app can display any data you choose.

Bluetooth modules with the ELM327 chipset are readily available from many sources. OBDII Readers OBD2 Code Tool Scanner and retailers such as newegg for under $20

The Torque app for Android phones (free and $5 paid versions) is quite good, and can display dial gauges and digital. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torquefree

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,330 Posts
Torque is pretty cool. I've used it on my 02 Blazer with an Android phone. Works on my Droid tablet too.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I"ve seen where I can use Bluetooth to my mobile device. I'd like to see if I can present this data to the 7 inch screen in a in dash radio. I've seen online radios where they load up Torque into the radio. I'm looking to see how I can accomplish this as well.

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
2,038 Posts
I know this is a stretch, but if you have an apple phone you might be able to use carplay to mimic your phone's display on the radio? I've used torque and dash command with a cheap Bluetooth aldl off Amazon.

I'm not sure if there's something out there straight to radio as attorneys don't want you watching your radio going down the road as is..

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,330 Posts
Mike, ELM327 is the one. There's a bazillion of them on ebay. I have no idea which specific one I bought.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I haven't had a chance to test it yet but, I bought an adapter (from Dakota Digital) to run my DD VHX instruments from the OBDII port. I'm hoping it will work. If so, it should cut down on the number of stand-alone sensors and wiring.

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
I use Dash Command software on an iPad mini. There's a compatible OBDII hardware device that is a wifi transmitter that the iPad links to. The pic is what the screen looks like. I have a mount for the iPad but some people build them in to the dash.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
Here's the dashboard I commonly use but there's one with analog looking gauges too.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts