Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I paid $44,500 from Sal at gateway classic cars over 2 years ago.... I lost my job, now i am wondering if the retail price of this chevelle went up or down! Goto www.1966chevelle.webs.com to see 2 - 3 minute video's featuring this NICE car which will help you folks help me determine the value so i can get a fair market price.... Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Looks more like a for sale ad to me.

By the way there is NO way to document how many were painted a certain color much less a color/interior . Must have been something the dealer told you. That is where most of that comes from.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Really beautiful car. Love the color combination! Is it a 138? I couldnt see the full number on the video. Didn't all the Super Sports come with the gauge package?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dennis, I think you may have paid to much for this car 2 years ago and will end up taking a loss. First if your going to sell a car in this price range a good idea is to vacum it out... and if you can't do it get the car detailed by a pro. As for original... just at a glance you have the wrong radiator, headers, wheels and tires etc... Some tips: disconnect the winshield washer hose so we can see the complete trim tag also a clear shot of the engine pad along with casting date codes of the main drivetrain should be listed. Do you have paper work for the car POP, builtsheet, original window sticker? if so display it. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for looking everyone! I really do appreciate all of the constructive criticism! I am trying to guage what a fair market value for this car would be..... any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
If you want a reality check get in touch with a ole grouchy member here that works under the cover of Mike Crown. :D

There are enough people that trust his thoughts on a 66 that will pay all one is worth. Granted he is not going to do it for free but he can probably get all the money and cover his fee at the same time. You might be hard pressed to get close to the selling price by yourself.

Now keep in mind he is a fractious type of guy but he will cut straight to the chase on the cars value. It is tough out there trying to get big money without a lot of contacts. You will be in good hands on this one.:yes:

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
That sure is a nice color combo. If I had to guess I would say you are going to take a hit on the car (price down) but X3 on contacting Mike Crown.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dennis, How about having Gateway classic sell it, or have another dealer that has a good reputation in your area sell it.

The way the car looks now, I can't see it selling for more than $23K-$28K. It's a low option car, but a very good color combo. If it's Lazor straight with a great body and detaling [I don't mean a wax job], I think you may do a little better, but paper work would be important.

I agree Mike C. should have a good idea on it's market as he has first hand knowledge selling these cars and knows them inside out.

Hey Mike you out dare? lol

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I would estimate around 25,000. As said, ask 66 Mystery Chevelle.

·
Premium Member
19,940 Posts
Really beautiful car. Love the color combination! Is it a 138? I couldnt see the full number on the video. Didn't all the Super Sports come with the gauge package?
:noway: No. The U14 instrument panel gauges were ALWAYS an option on SS936/SS454 Chevelles. Tach and gauges could be ordered in any V8 Malibu coupe/convertible/pickup as well.

Gauges were standard in the 64 & 65 Malibu SS but the tach was optional. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,161 Posts
Unfortunately, since your considering selling. The economy has put a dent in classic car sales and even 35K is going to be a tough sell.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts