Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Thats one flick I felt the remake was pretty good too. Liked them both but havent seen the entire original.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Oh yes my favorite car movie ! I was a 8 year old kid and my parents took me to the movies to see it back in '70 or '71. It was in the middle of the flick when that lady rides nude on a dirt bike and my dad pulls us out of the flick :mad:

Kawaski is the man and that white '70 Challenger RT is the bomb! :thumbsup:
My parents saw it at the drive-in in '71 and I was in the back seat (7 years old). It left such an impression on me, it's probably the reason I so into musclecars to this day!

·
Registered
934 Posts
My parents saw it at the drive-in in '71 and I was in the back seat (7 years old). It left such an impression on me, it's probably the reason I so into musclecars to this day!
Me too. I have two older brothers and back in '71 my oldest brother had just left for college. He had the long hair, long side burns, I remember the wild posters in his room, the late 60's rock and roll like Janice Jopllin, Jimmy Hendrix, and all these things that my dad hated :D

Looking back on that experience in the movie theatre, I bet my dad was getting PO'd with the movie from the time Kawaski started taking uppers. As soon as the naked chick was drugged up on that scooter he pulled us out. LOL. :D

That's the fun part of growing up back then. I had two older brothers that grew up with me and had muscle cars.

Maybe that is just another reason I like Mopar E bodies? Kawaski and his white Challenger.

If you have not seen the original go get it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I've had the original on VHS since the early '80s but I would like to get a DVD as the VHS quality is terrible after all these years (I taped it off Cinemax or something??) Thanks for the info.
Greg, I ALWAYS wanted an E-body growing up and when I got my license I looked and looked. Unfortunately, growing up in Greater Boston, and with the way they rusted, EVERYTHING I looked at was a basket case, rotted beyond my capabilities at the time anyway. Now they're just too damned expensive. I remember thinking people were CRAZY for asking $1500 for nice driver back then!

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Did you know they used a Camaro in the crash at the end? If you pause and look at it you can tell. One of my favorites, Bullit, Two Lane Black Top, Dirty mary , Crazy Larry & this - what other movies do you need?:)
You can get either on dvd, the remake is, well, it just kinda stinks! Some different cars to see though in it....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.