Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to but a 1970 chevy ll 100. the question is why does it only have one leaf spring on each side?

Also can eny one give me any info on the heads, the stamping on the front is 378T i am trying to decide what it's worth. He wants 2 grand.

·
Super Moderator
16,021 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,021 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here's an informative site with some ChevyII enthusiasts that may be able to better answer you questions:
http://www.chevytalk.com/

-Greg

------------------
69ht383>Smokumchevy
TC member#610

"Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it"
"Junk is something you throw away three weeks before you need it"

My Homepage
New Pic

ChevyWorld.net

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I remember swapping out leafs in a 72 307 nova, we changed over from the monos to the multi setup. So the car could of come with a 307 or 6 cylinder with those springs.

------------------
Dave (NY)
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
72 chevelle
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros
61 impala bubbletop
TC member #493

·
Registered
777 Posts
iwant,
a 1970 Nova non-SS car probably came with the 307 and Powerglide as stock. Also, as Rich said, any cars that were non-SS should have the mono leaf springs unless previously changed. I have a 70 Nova that came exactly as listed above, 307/PG and mono springs. I have done quite a bit of work on it to include swapping in a 350, 700r4 tranny, multi-leafs in the rear, new PST polygraphite front end with new springs, bucket seats, etc. Still got a ways to go then to start the body and paint. Let me know if you have any questions regarding any of the above changes. IMO, it had better be rust-free and very good sheetmetal with decent interior and decent running motor for 2 grand. Then, it would be a pretty good deal.

Hope that helps,
Bill C.

------------------
Bill C.
'71 SS (now with 468BBC)
'70 Nova 350/700r4
ACES #2780
Colo Spgs, CO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.