Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our cable carrier just got Speedvision and I watched the new Hot Rod TV last weekend. I understand something went on last year with the former Hot Rod TV on TNN. They seemed to end their affiliation with Hot Rod and changed the name to Horsepower TV. Personally I'm guessing that among the reasons was that one of the hosts, Chuck Hanson, was also doing the Resto Tech for Super Chevy magazine which is owned by Hot Rod's competitor.

Anyway, there was a somewhat critical editorial in Hot Rod about the old show not being up to snuff and that's why they cut their ties and went to their own show on Speedvision. The new Hot Rod TV seemed kind of lame to me. Ro McGonegal's little essay seemed like so much BS. Anybody agree?

·
Premium Member
6,912 Posts
Chuck Hanson, in a post to the Chevelle List, said about the same thing. I agree totally.

------------------
See you at Chevell-abration!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I like a show that the people hosting it actually know wat they are doing, and thats HP TV, alot of people think Chuck is just a figure head ;WRONG: he is a 100% grade A prime Piston Head to the bone, and with him getting us coverage in Nashville on his show , we should all try an watch as much as possible, I was lucky enough to chat with him on the phone a few weeks back and he informed me that they were in a 12 week re run period, so look for new shows in o probly 4-6 weeks I would guess,, Later L89SEDAN,,Nashville bound 6/8

[This message has been edited by L89SEDAN (edited 05-15-99).]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Kind of amazes me that these shows are just about as good the second time around as the first. Have to admit, though, that they really spend a lot of money for a few horsepower sometimes. (Not their money?) I'm waiting for the show to repeat where Chuck actually drives the Mopar out of the garage. For the shame of it all! tom

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
If it's the episode I'm thinking about, you probably won't see a rerun because it was a Hot Rod TV episode. In it,he was riding "shotgun", complaining about the grief his "Chevelle buddies" were going to give him.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have to agree, I like Chucks show better than the one on Speedvision ( I really havent been real impressed w/ Speedvision period for that matter).

Man wouldnt it be nice to have a garage like that....complete w/ lift, workstation toolboxes, Dyno, and black and white checkered floor you could eat off of.

BTW....did anyone see the Year One ad in the mags a couple months ago w/ Chuck and the Chevelle?.....Putting Chuck in w/ some really fine company, Linda Vaughn included.

Shannon

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,616 Posts
Having been lucky enough to talk with Chuck a few times myself, I agree he knows his stuff and is more than willing to share his knowledge. Regarding the fully equipped garage on HP TV, he says his garage at home is nothing like that, complete with grease-stained floor, etc. At ACES Chevellabration, he makes it a priority to go around and talk to most people individually. Also, he makes the awards banquet very entertaining. von (Nashville bound 6-10)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.