Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I read a lot of great posts on this page that have helped me with a couple of cool chevelle projects I'm currently working on. So much so I decided to become a member... so thank you all for that!! I'm currently working on my 64 SS Convertible Chevelle that is a #'s matching HIGH optioned car. I'm doing a very thorough, frame off restoration and spending some loot on her for sure...ughhh! This girl is a (936) Ermine white car with (786) red interior and comes from the factory with the VERY rare 327/300hp/glide. She's got four seasons factory air conditioning! She also has pwr brakes, pwr steering, tilt wheel, electric windows, electric top and many other comfort options. Very excited about this one and look forward to the chats!! My other project car is a 64, pro street car that is on the back burner a bit until the convertible is done. It's tubbed and sports a 702 HP, 18 degree small block w/TH400/9". What can i say besides i love my "A" bodies!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Welcome, Chad!:thumbsup:

Nice project you have there! Looks good so far. Keep us updated!:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Welcome to TC, Chad---:D

Thanks for the pictures.:yes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the record, the photo of the trim decoding I posted above has 2 minor errors. GM produced 358,963 Chevelle's in 1964 not 380,000 as listed. The other error is the 786-1 paint decode. I show red interior/ red top which is incorrect. Van Nuys used the -1,-2, -3 sequence to identify the color of the convertible top and mine is -1 which is white (-2 is black and -3 is beige). There is no optioned red top and to be honest, that's a good thing... LOL! Sorry for the correction!! It's all good now!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Freddy!

I plan on putting the glide and cross member on the shelf along with the factory 14" rims and wheel covers. I plan on driving this car so I installed 2" drop springs in the front to give it the rake I like along with a new 200-4R OD tranny. I had to run period correct 5 spoke mags and new tires so my kids would ride with me too..LOL! These mods will be the ONLY deviation from stock and can be easily reinstalled in the future!!

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
For the record, the photo of the trim decoding I posted above has 2 minor errors. GM produced 358,963 Chevelle's in 1964 not 380,000 as listed. The other error is the 786-1 paint decode. I show red interior/ red top which is incorrect. Van Nuys used the -1,-2, -3 sequence to identify the color of the convertible top and mine is -1 which is white (-2 is black and -3 is beige). There is no optioned red top and to be honest, that's a good thing... LOL! Sorry for the correction!! It's all good now!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Nice car, might consider adding HEI or pertronix in the original dist, and int reg alternator. Both work much better, and are easily returned to stock if you keep the old parts. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with a single chamber master cyl. either, but that's up to you.
Good luck

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a '65 with almost identical options. I changed to a 4 spd. when I restored it. I didn't do as thorough a job on the restoration as you appear to be doing so I assume yours will come out a little nicer. At a recent show, I turned down $35K for mine. Of course, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, but that's a starting point. It will take more than it's worth for me to part with mine, and yours sound a bit more rare, so I'd start at $40K for insurance purposes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.