Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you all know by now my 454 was built with an "RV Cam" and flat top pistons stock low rise 287 manifold but with good 781 heads...i was told 9:1 but from my calculations it could be as low as 8.4:1

peak torque is 416 at 2400 and it just drops off from there resulting in only 339 lb-ft and peak 265 hp in the 4100 to 4400 rpm range...

is there any chance that the cam ISNT responsible for this dropp off in torque rite after peaking at such low RPMS?? waht else should i check...

i have dyno runs in an Excel database that can be emailed if any one feels they can give me good ideas after seeing all the data...

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

·
Banned
486 Posts
Rich,I can tell from reading you posts the last couple of months that you less than happy with your "RV" cam.I think santa should bring you a new 282s magnum solid lifter cam from comp cams. Meanwhile, check your getting enough fuel at high RPM.Also check your jetting,you may be way to lean. Happy Holidays,Dave

------------------
team chevelle#196
69 turbocharged 350
texas

·
Registered
106 Posts
which cylinder heads, what about the valve springs, how many miles, the carburetor, and the exhaust.

If you have time I would love to look at your dyno info - E-mail me Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.