Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guy,s just want your input on nos vs new chrome wheel well trim i have seen nos go for 600 plus on ebay and after market cost about 100.00 dollars is the new stuff that bad or people outta their minds buying these for 600 i dont mind paying the big dollars if the new stuff looks like crap thank you guy,s for your advise , mark:beers:

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I'm not sure what year you are talking about but my husband used the aftermarket ones from goodmark on his '72 and he had no problems with the fit.They actually look real nice.I compared his to the originals on my '71 and I honestly could not tell any difference.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I've used the repop stuff with mixed results. Some fit ok.........some took a few snips with shears to make them fit reasonably. None fit like the original stuff on my car.

Just my experience.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
If you ever put aftermarket quarters on your car, don't expect wheel opening trim to fit the best. We found out on our '72 Lemans Sport. It took quite a bit of work to make the original trim fit the new openings.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I have used repop on a couple cars. They don't line right up. You need to massage them . Start from top center, and work out to each end. Don't be afraid to coax them into place. They are presentable when done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts