Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 , was a drum manul not power brake El Camino, I put the front disc off a 72 car ,witched worked,I thank ,didn't drive it much, and now am trying to put on rear disc off blazer. I bought a differentg master cyl,for 4 wheel disc,auto zone, tryed to put it on and the master cyl is already fully depressed by the time i get it bolted on. The push rod behind the mc is 4" long.. Should i get a shorter push rod? or a different booster? or master cyl? I thank i read some Not in stickie,where that i had to move the under dash peddle rod up or down a hole for manul to power brakes , witch i havent.' What you all thank. I have read a lot on search,no boddy say any thing about the under dash peddle rod. Thanks ahead for any input , thanks

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
I used a M/C for a 69 Vette with manual 4 wheel disc brakes, 94 Z28 rear discs and assemblies and 70 A-Body front discs. Later installed hydra-boost and it all likes each other - great brakes and feel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, do i change anything under the dash? when going from all wheel NO POWER ,drum brakes to ALLWHEEL POWER DISC brakes??? Car came with front and rear drums,no power brakes.do i move the rod under the dash down or up a hole??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you are talking about the el camino HA! any body else got any thoughs? Thanks mytmouz , i thank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts