Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a cheap 98' suburban to eliminate a car payment and have a hauling vehicle. i have a wiper problem:
First the wipers didn't work and sat way to high in the windshield.
1)Pulse board fixed the not working problem
2)The wipers still sit very high when all the way down and the drivers side scrapes across the door frame when running.
-I adjusted the nuts on the piece that connects the motor crank to the connecting rods that run to the wiper pivots. This lowered it about 2 inches, but they still sit way to high and the drivers side hits the door frame.

-Whats next? Do I need a new motor?

It sucks not having wipers, ecspecially since it rained today. Thanks

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Most vehicles on the wiper are itself have a little tap that you can pull out to take the whole arm off of the stud that the arm's attached to. Take the arm off and reposition them in their resting position.

Let me know if this helps yah.

tony

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think this is the case, the tabs the arms attach to are hard attached to where the arms pivot at unless I am mistaken. Would this need a new motor or is there a way to reset the position? Both arms are raised up on the windshield at the same height, it's not just one wiper. These look almost exactly the same along with the linkage as my Chevelle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts