Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is that I am having turn signal that don't work and when I press the breaks, the signals on the dash come on, and the front bumper lights come on full blast. And on top of that the battery is dying (to the point it won't turn over, still have lights though) every couple of days.

So the car is a 70 Chevelle 454, and last winter I let my brother work on it for his HS bodyshop class. Assuming somebody in that class didn't rewire it I am wondering what I could do to fix this problem. All the lights on the car work like they should. Sometime soon I plan on getting me a new neg battery cable and flasher bulb (the blue thing that makes the flashers flash I think???). It seems that this could be a common problem but my school work is really keeping me busy so I don't have a lot of time to work on it. I don't think I have a problem with the battery or the altenator cause they are both less than 4 years old and barely have any miles on them. I am just wondering if there is any things that I can check.

Thanks
-- Brian

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
1, Make sure your emergency flasher button isn't pushed in.
2, Pop the rear bulbs out and see if the front lights still come on.
3, The turn signal flasher can is under the dash. It's not the one plugged into the fuse block. That one is for the emergency flashers. Buy a cheap $3.00 one at the auto parts store. Don't buy the super heavy duty one.
4, Four years is a long time for a battery. They die by just sitting. Get the battery checked out.
5, You can check to see if the battery is being charged by measuring the large stud on the alternator rear to ground. Voltage should be around 14.5 volts when the car is idleing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts