Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just happened this morning, but when I turn the key to the start position nothing happens. I have no power in the dash at all at any key position. I checked the coil and only had .06 volts. I think it is the starter solenoid. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add that the coil is less than 1 year old, and I haven't touched the starter or solenoid since I bought the car 3 years ago.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
There are TONS of other areas that can cause your problem...the solenoid is not one of them. Do the lights work? Check your battery, battery terminals, etc. Remove the battery cables from the battery and clean them. Reinstall, tighten securely. Try again. Do you have a meter or a test light? Check the voltage at the battery terminals. If you have 12 volts and still no voltage at the dash let us know and we'll go further.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry forgot to mention that the battery is at 12v and the terminals are cleaned and ready to go. The headlights, temp, gen, and oil lights will not work at any key position. The reason I asked about the coil and solenoid is that I essentially have no power anywhere except at the battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I just found the problem. I have installed a fusible link coming off the battery to the front wiring harness and the connector is loose, when I jiggled it I have full power. Thanks for the timely response.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Originally posted by bbrowers:
Looks like I just found the problem. I have installed a fusible link coming off the battery to the front wiring harness and the connector is loose, when I jiggled it I have full power. Thanks for the timely response.
Great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts