Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question.does anyone know why my 72 nova starts without keys.you can just turn the keyhole and start the car without using the keys.i just discovered it today.any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Replace your ignition switch before somebody catches on and sees it or you might get stuck somewhere like my truck did. It is the keyswitch more than likely.

------------------
Malibu 307 (aka 406 smblk)
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
This is a true statement. You can buy an ignition switch with 2 keys from an AC-Delco dealer cheaper than you can buy it from a Chev parts dept. They're too cheap. (a heck lot cheaper than the price to replace the car)

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Hey plain,
I kept the 307 on my 70 Malibu conv front fender after installation of a 406 for 2 reasons. My wife made me because our youngest (14 now) was born at 3:07pm and the rear is a 3.07 12bolt posi.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hey DZ I have a non-posi 3.07 12 bolt laying in the garage. The one that was in the Malibu 307 was a 8.2 10 bolt with 3.08 non-posi. Has a 12 bolt 3.36 posi in it now. Clemr what was your address?

------------------
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

[This message has been edited by plain 69 (edited 12-27-1999).]

·
Registered
934 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Try using a newer key ,or get another key made up and try it, I had the same problem on my 71 chevelle.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Back in my youth I remember being able to start most of my friends and their parents GM cars with my Camaro keys! The one's with the wing nut type ignition seemed to be the easiest to do this. You could pull the key out of the ignition with it running. As the keys got old they got filed down to almost nothing. It was like having a master key!!

------------------
...DjD
69 Ragtop

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Just kidding clemr. Hope you get it fixed.

------------------
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.