Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 66' Malibu 2 dr Sp Coup, Partial restoration. Replaced engine,forward lamp,and rear lamp harness's. Dash harness is original never any problems. Every thing is grounded properly,but have no power to instrument receptacle in fuse panel. Every other fuse has power. Have no power to instrument cluster but idiot lights work,dome light will come on but will go off when light switch is pulled. All front lights work fine,bright indicator works brights work, just have no blower, no glove box light, when installing dash crushed one of the flasher wires between dash and column strap so i figured that directly shorted something out when i hit the turn signal switch. fried tail lamp fuse replaced all fuses after cleaning contacts. have no rear lamps but blinkers will work. Getting really frustrated. Hopefully didnt fry the instrument fuse wires going into fuse box.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
It looks like a lot of the problems are centered around the headlight switch.
A, Instrument cluster lamps not working.
B, Dome light going off when pulling the switch.
C, No running lights.

See if there is 12 volts on the instrument lamp fuse. Need to pull the headlight switch on. This is the short fuse in the bottom center of the fuse panel. If the lamps are not on there should be 12 volts on each side of the fuse. Think after that you will need to start looking around at the headlight switch connector. Sounds like something may be wrong with the orange input wire. May also explain the glove box light problem. Post back after you measure the fuse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have absolutely nothing on either side of the fuse. Possible problem with switch or connecter? Really hate to unscrew the dash again,new paint,but I guess that will have to happen.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
You can't just loosen the headlight switch on a 66? I can on my 64 but it may be different. Is the fuseblock new?? Just guessing but the orange line to the switch has a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts