Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just bought a set of no-hop traction bars for my 70. Did'nt know you had to drill holes and **** to install, are they worth the trouble?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What kind of no hop bars?? are you talking about ssm bars (boxed lower control arms ) or traction bars. if they are ssm bars i would say they are worth it if you are making any kind of horse power i installed a set on my 72 and they work great, not to big a deal to install just drill 2 holes. Now if they are traction bars i cant help ya there

Goodluck
Way2fast1

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you are talking about the no hops tha bolt to your pumpkin and raise your upper controlarms and center of gravity, then yes they are worth it. they do exactly what they say, eliminate wheel hop.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Be sure you install the bar properly.you will find on the passengers side that the hex oil fill plug on the diff interferes with the no hop. You need to grind the plug or install an allen type plug. Bolt the bar in place at the upper control arm and be sure the bars are in at wich the webbing on the pumpkin is deep in the groove of the no- hop. Mark and drill. They are worth the trouble.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I gottem and I can't tell any diff. But then again I haven't changed the settings any. I always heard great things about them. They are not hard to install. Just take very careful measurements. Your money may be better spent on some M/T ET Streets if it's not a daily driver.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My nasty 327, 4 spd, '65 SS hooks good with Just Suspension's boxed upper and lower control arms, GM factory sway bar, KYB gas shocks and GM factory control arm connectors
(connects upper front and frame x-member to lower front) I've heard the no-hop bars that change the upper control arm's rear mounting
points work well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.