Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I experienced something similar after the installation of no-hop bars, but I couldnt pinpoint it as being the bars because it was also a new rear end.. It very well could be though, because it changes the geometry of the rear end..I beleive they relocate the center of gravity which also changes pinion angle.. Im sure more people will reply, this could be a good one..

one last thing, the vibration is at high speed, not all the time and is extra bad when turning at high speed..

------------------

Mike Reeh
Gold #34
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
9 Posts
had them on my 69 SS and they caused a vibration from about 50 mph on . got a new driveshaft built for it that didn't help finaly removed no hop bars and vibration went away. they are for sale cheep !

·
Registered
321 Posts
what about adjustable upper control arms to readjust the angle of the driveshaft to the pumpkin?

Are there new bushings all around?

------------------
??michael j Team Chevelle Gold #77
70 Chevelle SS396 4sp, Fathom Blue/White Stripes - Canadian built

·
Registered
403 Posts
this topic interests me because I was about to sell a set of ladder bars that have never been installed and purchase a set of no hop bars. I had been told that they worked really well. Hmmmmm.
Well I hope more posts tell of a solution to the problem.

------------------
Mr. D
72 454 El Camino
68 RS/SS Camaro
73 RS/LT/Z28 Camaro
99 Firebird TA WS-6 A4

·
Registered
321 Posts
take a look at JeffK's web site, notably his rear suspension set up. he has no-hop bars with adjustable uppers.

www.athenet.net/~chevelle/

You can get a good idea as how adjusting the upper control arms in or out will minutely adjust the angle of the differential to drive shaft.
------------------
??michael j Team Chevelle Gold #77
70 Chevelle SS396 4sp, Fathom Blue/White Stripes - Canadian built

[This message has been edited by michael j (edited 11-23-99).]

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Hi again John,

Per my e-mail I forgot to mention that I can "drive out" of the vibe. I use the Morrisson Hopstop bars which not only let you adjust by upper control arms thread but have three distinct holes to attach the upper arms to on the hopstop bars. I am driving on MT Et street tires too so the vibe can be exagerated by the balance( or lack thereof) of the rear tires.

Dan

------------------
Central Illinois
69 Cortez silver SS 427
69 azure turquois Malibu 250
ACES #02351
Team Chevelle Gold #35

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.