Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some wires that lead to nothing in my engine compartment in my 72 Malibu.

One set of wires is double green. They exit towards the passenger side, through that plastic wire compartment on the firewall.

Then there's another wire, a brown/tan one with a small black clip on the end, that runs through the same harness as the double green set.

Then there's another set with a big black clip on the end. They are blue and brown/tan, and exit out the harness that the alternator wires run through. They also exit towards the alternator.

I tried to explain them in the best of my ability. Please ask questions if you don't understand where they are.

Thanks!!

------------------
Trever Maas
1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO
Undergoing Resotoration

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I believe the two green wires should connect to the water temp switch located in the left head. The tan wire should connect to the idle stop or fast idle solenoid. The tan and blue wires should connect to the TCS solenoid (if used).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! I forgot about those green wires, took them off when I put a new temp gauge in. The tan wouldn't be used in my case because I have a aftermarket holley carb. Where would that TCS solenoid be located at?
Thanks

------------------
Trever Maas
1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO
Undergoing Resotoration

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where would that TCS solenoid be located at?

------------------
Trever Maas
1972 Chevelle Malibu
Mohave Gold
L65 350/M38 TH350
2.73 AXL RATIO
Undergoing Resotoration

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
If your car still has a TCS solenoid on it, it will be located to the right of the carb. You can follow the vacuum advance line from the distributor back to the carb. if you still have a TCS solenoid the vacuum line will connect to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts