Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Didn't know where to turn, so I figured at least it should be similar to 64-70 chevelles. I'm working for my neighbor right now fixing up his fleet of worktrucks for the construction buis. On one of his trucks, a 72 GMC sierra grande 2500, about a week ago his headlights(both low beams) stopped working. Now, when you click on his Hi-beams all 4 of the front lamps light up. When you click the headlight switch out the turnsignals/parking lenses light up. As far as I know there are 3 components to the headlight system. The switch, the dimmer(floor switch), and the headlights themselves. The headlights are obviously good since they light up when the Hi-beams are hit, the switch is good because the lights light up at all, and I already replaced the dimmer switch this morning thinking hey its 5 bucks and its what fixed the problem in my buddies 69 camaro. I don't think its grounds since all 4 lamps light up with the hi-beams, dunno what else to check. I'm stumped. :confused:
Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Any power on the headlight sockets to a good frame ground in low beam mode? We're around if you need a hand.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
The low beams actually have two filaments in them, if you have another low beam bulb, try it in one side to see if the low beam filament is burnt out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts