Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 chevelle that recently lost dash/tail/marker lights one night.

The fuse tests ok. While using a test light to check for power on either side of the fuse it went from no power (key on position) to power. As I sat up the lights are back on. I wiggle the switch a couple of times and poof the lights go out. Great I need a new switch. Well I put the new switch in tonight and no dash/marker/tail lights.

Any suggestions on this one.

Thanx Mark

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I'd check the "grippage" of the fuse holders, and clean the fingers of them to insure conductivity. When you replaced the light switch did you notice if any of the female sockets on the block connector were pushed loose (not latched into the plastic block) or not grabbing the male part on the switch?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for input!!!

Rechecked connections, ground, and on retesting the fuse panel found a bad connection in the fuse above the dash light fuse. The fuse holder is loose and the fuse is not tight. After some massaging, the fuse fits well and the lights are back on. :D

The fuse panel is looking a little tired and the connections are not great...may have to think about replacing in the winter.

Thanx again,
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts