Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I go to a lot of car shows in NY and NJ and we wonder why there are never more than two or three Chevelles. Being a Chevelle lover this kills me.

Any ideas?

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,616 Posts
It's the same here in Indy. I think it's just the percentages. Many more Camaros were "saved" and street rods built than Chevelles restored or "saved". Camaros are neat cars but are like belly buttons (and other things)--everybody has one. That's what makes owning a Chevelle so desirable. They are one of the most outstanding Chevys ever built, but a bit more rare than some of the others. When you do see one, it's that much more interesting. von

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's pretty much the same down here in Florida. Sure, there's a few, but not as many as I'd expect. I'm originally form upstate New York (Elmira area) and used to see quite a few Chevelles up there. That's how I became interested in 'em sooooo much. Maybe us Chevelle owners really are a dying breed!?!

------------------
Jeremy J. Bennett
72 Chevelle
Team Chevelle #298

·
Super Moderator
1,791 Posts
Wow - Here in Philly there are at least 2 dozen of 64 to 72 Chevelles at most local shows. Last weeks Hatboro show had six 69 Chevelles alone that I looked at (and mine was'nt one of them, I was too busy to enter it).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was also at Hatboro on Saturday night.

What a great show (lots of chevelles).

Did you see the '70 w/ 454 in shadow grey.

On Sunday, Jenkintown had their show. Interesting enough, Chevelles won:
#1 '71
& #2 '70 (that shadow grey beauty)

Brian

------------------

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just heard that the New Hope, PA car show is this weekend.

Anyone going to have their Chevelle there?

Is their a certain day for chevys?

Brian

------------------

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Well I'm glad to report that here in Buffalo, Chevelles outnumber Camaros at the cruises in ( not the beauty contests though ). More Camaros at the strip though. And that's not all bad. I just don't like to see stripped tubbed pieces of history as much as restos. But admittedly, I like the slightly modified examples better than pure stock.

Last night, at the local Cracker Barrel cruise event ( complete with band and all) there were 5 67's including mine ( mine is the ugly duckling of the group ), a few very nice blown Elky's, a 64 ragtop, two early 70's malibus, but only one 70's SS396. Oddly enough, I noticed most had 6/99 or 7/99 registrations on the window meaning they were just recently put on the road. Maybe it's beacuse we're in "blue collar alley" I don't know but no dearth of Chevelle representation here I'm happy to report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.