Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn lights work, taillights work. Brake lights do NOT work.

The brake switch at pedal arm has power, and is opening/closing correctly.

If turn signals are working, does this confirm wires from firewall back are "short free"?

I read in other posts that the brakes go thru turn signal switch. Any further suggestions on fixing or how to troubleshoot the issue? Obviously this is a "top of the list" issue, due to law and safety.

Thanks,

dan

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Locate the white wire at the long connector on the steering column. Make sure that there is a good connection and +12V is coming OUT of the column side of the connector. This is the source for the signal switch. The Yellow (L) and Dark Green (R)are the wires to the rear, coming from the TS switch. If the Y and DG don't get the +12V, its probably time to dig into the top of the column.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wire on switch side in harness had short/break in it right at the plastic connector. Too short to get a splice, so I'll take a spade out of another harness and try to fit it in there. I've got it "rigged" for the moment that makes it temporarily driveable. Would have not found it in 5 years had this site turned me toward the switch.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts