Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Camino -69 the dash lights are completely out. The turn signals are flashing, and the headlight indicator (blue bowtie light) works but otherwise it's completely black.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions. (I haven't checked fuses or anything yet).

------------------
John, Sweden
-------------------------------
El Camino SS -69
Impreza GT Turbo -99

[This message has been edited by Player (edited 03-12-2002).]

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
This is not a good situation. If your instrument panel lamps are out, it is likely that the tail lamps also do not work. If both lamps are out it is probably the fuse which supplies both. If it is the panel lamps only, then it could be a light switch or a bad ground in the panel wiring.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The problem may be the dash lamp fuse. There is a small fuse in the fuse panel. It is the center bottom fuse. Check if that is good. Check for voltage on the dash lamp fuse clips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

The tail lights are ok. Im gonna check the fuses to eliminate that possibility. JWagner - Where can I find the "light switch" you refer to?
This is not a problem that has occured now. It's been this way since I bought the car in August.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
The light switch to which I refer is the same one that turns on the headlamps. It has a variable resistor for controlling the brightness of the instrument panel lamps. And it needs to have clean connections, including grounds. One way to check the light switch ground would be to turn the switch handle fully in both directions and see if the dome light comes on. Another odd thought: have you checked the lamp bulbs to see if they are any good? It may be that simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts