Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,707 Posts
IMO the price is a little high. It needs some detailing and a proper Q jet carb, new front springs, and knows what else. That and usually pics make a car look better than it actually is. No undercarriage photos either. An on-site inspection is very necessary.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
seeing undercarriage on these old cars is an absolute must plus seeing how it drives
Overall nice car dont see anything wrong with leaving the holley on it
Maybe a touch high but bet he sees 30 or better. Shocked at how much these go for nowadays. Must be getting old.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
The springs may be OK, Von. It could be that some idiot assembled the front end using dropped spindles. I see this all the time and it really detracts from an otherwise nice looking car.:frown2:

·
Gold Founding Member
64,063 Posts
It looks pretty darn good in the pictures.

The springs may be OK, Von. It could be that some idiot assembled the front end using dropped spindles. I see this all the time and it really detracts from an otherwise nice looking car.:frown2:
Ive noticed that there are a lot of Chevelle owners that want their cars to look like the springs are shot.

Different strokes for different folks >:)

·
Registered
14,977 Posts
I rebuilt the suspension on my 68 El Camino and 66 chevelle. Factory Springs etc. They both have the gasser look. I do prefer the lowered look on cars. Nice thing about the high front end, no more crushing the headers. Jim

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
My '69 Chevelle SS sits pretty level, like these cars did when they came from the factory. No gasser look, no headers dragging either. GM did it right, and GM did it best. Hard to improve on, even 50 years later.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,707 Posts
Yes that's true but IMO that look belongs on a modified car like a Pro Touring ride, not on an otherwise restored to original appearing Chevelle.

·
Registered
338 Posts
last ones.
It's a #s matching L34 with a correct date coded M20. I also understand that the "L" on the cowl tag suggests the SS package. F41 does as well. No documentation to prove options, but the early hood is correct, suggesting that it is a ZL2 coded car. Check out the floor pan around the shifter. Somebody got unlucky with a SawsAll, but otherwise looks ok underneath.
The first question is asked was about the stance. As far as he knew it is stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I like the picture of the bolt falling out of the shifter. How could the guy taking the pictures not see that?
Yes, I asked about that too. He unbolted it to look at a leak and took the photo before fastening it. You will notice thread locker on it.
For a 5000 mile engine, it sure has a lot of leaks.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Underside looks pretty decent to me. You can always install a new shifter hump if the pop rivets bug you...pretty easy to fix.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Underside looks pretty decent to me. You can always install a new shifter hump if the pop rivets bug you...pretty easy to fix.
I agree.
Seems the market is showing L34s recently restored going for $55-60K. Makes me wonder if any offers around $30K have been declined.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree with your range. Engine stamp on this one looks good too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts