Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked with 2 guys that had brand new 68 SS's one was black on black the other was dark blue on black. Both were 396-350 horse 4 speed cars. I became good friends with the fellow that had the dark blue one. He did a lot of work on it and ran it quite a bit at the drags. He passed at the young age of 49. Whenever I see a nice 68 I think of him and all the good times we had together. RIP Red

Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport | eBay

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
You know, Hank.....the longer you're in this hobby, the more it becomes about the people you meet and befriend and less about the cars.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, Hank.....the longer you're in this hobby, the more it becomes about the people you meet and befriend and less about the cars.
He was a really good friend and he did influence me a lot we were both into cars. I really wanted to buy a new Roadrunner as my first new car but after looking at his Chevelle I ordered a 69 Chevelle SS 396-375hp, 4 speed, Olympic Gold over black car.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
You either like that color or you don't. I really like it. just a beautiful car IMO. :hurray::hurray:

Reactions: HKalin

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hank: This came up this morning on eBay. Look familiar? :)

Chevrolet Chevelle SS | eBay
That's a nice looking car. I never got any pictures of mine. Mine was all gold no vinyl top. I owned it for about a year and had so many problems with it I think the dealer must have had it for 6 of those months. But I still have the order from the car.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
That order form is awesome. Nicely optioned.

I like how the car in the auction was ordered with buckets and no console, so it received the bench-style square shifter boot. Cool look.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
For a minute I thought that was Bill Rose's Grecian Green Chevelle. I have see Bill's car in person and I have to say that it is simply gorgeous. Normally you would think that Grecian Green would be a lousy color for an SS396 but his car was made a believer out of me when I saw it in New York.

Hank, that SS of yours was pretty nicely spec'd out.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Wow. Perfectly said!

Reactions: blue_69_malibu

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 68 sold for $34,900. Somebody got a nice car for the money. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
567 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.