Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
64,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5959575728.html

Not in Kansas City, maybe somewhere around Des Moines :confused:

Selling my 1967 Chevelle. It has a 406 with a 200R. It has a march serpentine setup. 3" exhaust with flowmaster 40s. 750 quick fuel. 3 core aluminum radiator with electric fans. Doug ceramic headers. LED tail lights. Dakota Digital dash. Trans has a 3000 stall. I have all the receipts for everything I've done to this car since I bought it. Electric Holley black fuel pump with all new fuel line. New interior. 2" drop springs on the front. Foose wheels. 20x8.5 fronts and 22x10 rears. Any other questions just ask.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I agree, sharp car, but those are huge wheels.

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,707 Posts
My experience tells me if it seems cheap, go look at it then you'll see why it's cheap.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Wasn't that one the other day a 66 SS for about the same price? A guy on this forum went out to look at it and had a number of problems with it?

This is not an SS. It's white (not exactly a money color) and it's custom (rims, dash, engine, ...)

I'm sure he has a lot into it, but there's non-period correct mods that you either love or have little/no value to you.

Example: If he spends X on those rims/tires and you don't love them... they have little value. Are you going to sell them and use the money for the rims/tires you do love?

Maybe it's just me and a white Malibu with those rims has me tainted.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I like the white, but if I personally wanted that car, I would offer to bring my own wheels & tires, and reduce the price. I would not pay extra for them, then have to get rid of them. I acknowledge that there are many people that like that look, but not me.
But I do like the white, maybe with some stripes...

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
I like the white, but if I personally wanted that car, I would offer to bring my own wheels & tires, and reduce the price. I would not pay extra for them, then have to get rid of them. I acknowledge that there are many people that like that look, but not me.
But I do like the white, maybe with some stripes...
Ed
I agree with you. let the seller pedal the wheels. I just don't like the big wheels on these older cars. I have seen some 16'' & 17'' that look great but it's a rare sight.jmo
hmardown

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,147 Posts
The car is listed in Des Moines also,
The ad here says he also has the wheels that came on the car...
But he does not say what they are or have a picture of them listed.

·
Premium Member
12,689 Posts
I agree with everyone else on the wheels. Aside from that I like the rest especially the color. Woder if it is being sold as in the pics with the engine not installed? That would surely hold the price down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts