Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the site. I'm from Oklahoma, Boomer Sooner. I just acquired my 2nd Chevelle and back when I had my first one there weren't as many forums out there, (13yrs ago).

I had a 72 and acquired another 72. Both have been Malibu's. I restored the first one with my uncle (and friends with free labor) when I was 15yrs old. We did a ton of body work and some mechanical but not a lot of motor work.

The 72 that I just purchased has a solid body, very very minor issue, legit paint job and interior is solid as well. The motor on the other hand, has issues. Small oil leak, brutal Power Steering leak, dipstick doesn't reach the oil pan or far enough into the oil pan to get a reading and just today, it won't start, lol. It's been firing instantly and just today started it's new issue. It'll crank but won't turn over. I smell fuel and it sounds like it's cranking strong but no fire...maybe distributor issue?

But I love the cars and don't intend on ever letting this one go, regardless of the issues. As a kid the issue were a problem but not today.

I appreciate being added to this forum and look to becoming a long time member.

Chevelle on the left is the new one, right is my first one.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The good thing about your car is that mechanical work is much cheaper then metal and paint work.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Welcome to Team Chevelle.....:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I like the pix of your dig sitting next to the blue '72. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts