Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and would like to get some advice.

I am currently looking at a 1985 El Camino w/57K miles, 350 (mild cam, headers, Flowtech afterburner exhaust), w/700r-4 tranny (B&M Megashifter), body is silver w/black racing stripes, fiberglass tonneau cover, interior is completely original w/burgandy velour seats (one minor rip on drivers side). The current owner installed the Monte Carlo SS front end when the car was painted a few years ago.

I know its hard to estimate, but what do you guys think this vehicle is worth? He's talking around $6500. Is that a good or bad number?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

bob

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I'm thinkin that may be a little high. With the stock origional interior not in perfect condition I'd say more like 5000

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Welcome Bob. N.A.D.A. puts it at $5750 Avg. retail.
My thinking is subtract 20% for a private sale. That puts it at $4600.
Add $500 to $1000 for the new paint, SS front end, Engine mods, and fiberglass tonneau cover.
That puts it at $5600 max that I would pay.
Offer him 5K and go from there. If you meet in the middle, $5750 You are right at Avg. retail.
Average Retail Value

This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey everyone, thanx for the replies.

i was figuring something between $5K - $6K so you guys are in the same general area. I haven't seen the vehicle yet, just got a few pics and "words" from the owner.

Will keep you updated.

thanx again

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to keep you updated, I saw the El Camino yesterday. Just as the guy described it. He was holding fast to the $6500 figure so I passed on it.

Actually, I was happy I passed because this morning I spotted a '80 El Camino that looks like it was completely redone and seemed to have an extensive amount of work done to it. The price tag was $7K. Might call about that one today.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I have seen many nice ones for the 3500 dollar range. Make sure you check the bottoms of the doors for rust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.