Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fixed my big problem with the radiator, so then I went to replace the wiper motor. So as usual, trying to fix one thing I break four more. After installing the motor and wiring it up, I flipped the switch, and it worked for only about 3 seconds. Then, it stopped and my guage lights went out. Now, my voltmeter won't work, my electrical fans won't come on, and the guage lights don't work. I still have dash lights, ignition, and head lights. I checked the fuse box, but none seemed to be broken.(I don't even know if the wiring runs through the fuse box.) Where should I start? What could it be? Please help quick. TIA

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I’d start by checking for 12 volts to ground on the wiper connector yellow wire. The key needs to be ON to have power on the yellow. If voltage is not there check the upper right hand fuses in the block. Not sure where you connected the fans to but sounds like they may be switched off the ACC terminal on the fuse block. Still would check around on those right hand fuses and fuse clips.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Would anyone know which prongs are which for a 68 reman wiper motor? it's a 2 speed ac delco. I don't remember which one is ground. I will check all the fuses tonight. Thanks again.

EDIT: there is no yellow wire because someone else rewired almost the entire system. I want to know which prongs are for ground, and with are for power. TIA

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
When measuring the yellow wire use a clean spot on the chassis for ground. There isn't a true ground wire on the wiper connector. The others are switched ground wires for speed control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts