Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a new website for us 300 guys i am currently workin on it gimme some time and shell be perfect its at www.freewebs.com/chevelle300 so enjoy ill be putting additional Chevelle info on there too

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
Nice site. Lots of info. Is there room for us 67 Deluxe guys? I could offer some photos of door panels and rear tail light on the 67 300 Deluxe. I wonder how many of us on T.C.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes sir i just got the forums up and running

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
everyone is welcome to this site ill put more chevelles on there when i get time to do it.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
It's nice to get all the 300 Deluxe information in one place. These cars do have a lot of unique features. Now with SMS making new door panels for some of these, there should be a real interest in restoring the interiors to original. Until now, the only option was to install a Malibu interior if your old 300 Deluxe stuff was beat. I know people sure do a double take when they see our '69 SS396 and then see the interior. You can just see the gears turning as they try to figure out if the car is for real or what. We are doing a base model '69 el Camino. Unfortunately about the only original interior piece was the dash and radio. Not even the original bench seat. With no original stuff and lots of old Malibu interior pieces lying around we are going with buckets, console and the rest of the Malibu style interior stuff. This 300 Deluxe web site should fly in style.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Keith

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
nice site .i'm glad that you put that together for the 300 deluxe models,i have 3 69 300's,2 SS and 1 6 poper that i converted into a Baldwin Motion phase 3 car. excellant job once again.....greg

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
kieth what color interior did your el camino have.i just picked up a 69 greenbrier olympic gold with a tan interior with brown stripes up the seat like a 300. i know el's had the same interior. the wagon has the 300 lower spears and rubber floor mat.only option was p/s and tinted glass. greg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks again greg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right now im copying the 1968 Chevelle Specs and Info Book i got from JIM OSBORN Reproductions Inc. Hopefully all goes well

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that is weird never heard of one like that thanks Greg P.S i need to post more info about other chevelle years to ive pretty much got all 1968 and 1969 info done just need all the other years thanks Ryan

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
B U S T E D

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but much of the information on that site was lifted directly from http://www.chevellestuff.com. Not only did this person copy and paste almost all of my source code from the start of the page down to the 1968 model year to include tables of production numbers, colors, interior codes, POP decoding, rear end codes, options codes, Chevelle assembly plants, etc. but directly hotlinked all of the body plates and VIN plates from my site. Luckily the 150+ links (I got tired of hitting the Next button after 150) to photos on my site probably weren't hit that often. So, everytime someone viewed that page he was stealing bandwidth I pay for to display those images. :mad: :mad:

If his site was dedicated to 300 and 300 Deluxe Chevelles, why bother to have information on Malibus, wagons, SS cars & el Caminos? In my opinion the answe is simple. Too much work to ferret out the information you don't need, it's easier to copy everything and only have to worry about minor code changes to close tables or end paragraphs.

Before I contacted Freewebs.com and filed a complaint concerning the stealing of code and bandwidth by hotlining to images on my site, I modified a few of the images with notes stating they were viewing images directly from my ChevelleStuff.com web site. I uploaded those images to MY server keeping their original filename. Lo and behold the next time I loaded his website, there were my modified images. I grabbed the source code for the entire page for proof in case Freewebs.com needs more information. I can prove the theft of my source code and direct hotlinking to images on my site.

I have no problem with someone using the same data and putting it in their own format. All informative websites like ChevelleStuff.com use information that's freely available if one researches the Internet, book publications, magazines, uses knowledge gained over the years and knowledge graciously donated by good people here on Team Chevelle. How do you think websites like NastyZ28, Mortec, Camaros.org and others get all the information they present? They certainly didn't have it their head before commiting to print. They researched and had information donated before drawing their own conclusions and putting it into their own words and formatting the information for display.

I do have a problem with someone directly stealing my interlectual property of presenting that data in a particular format (stealing my source code to do so) then having the audicity to come to Team Chevelle and present it as his work. :sad:

I also have no problem with someone using any images I have (along as proper credit is given or permission is obtained if possible) and as long as those images are put on their server and use their bandwidth to display them, but to directly hotlink those images from my site could potentially cost me money now for exceeding my allocated bandwidth.

As an example, here's the original first image that appeared on his website using the code
src="http://www.chevellestuff.com/64velle/tags/bf/tt_bf_10d_5637_cpc.jpg"

Here's the same image after I modified my copy of it and uploaded it to my ChevelleStuff.com website.

It's on my site right now and it's being displayed from there. Right-click this image and select Properties to see where it comes from, you'll find - http://www.chevellestuff.com/64velle/tags/bf/tt_bf_10d_5637_cpc.jpg

Here is the image as it appeared (along with some of my verbiage and even the red underline denoting the word isn't recognized by the dictionary of my web editor) on his website moments after I uploaded the modified image file and before Freewebs.com froze the site for stealing bandwidth.

I don't know how many other sites he stole bandwidth from by hotlinking to them but there sure were a lot of missing images before it went down. Here are just a few taken directly from his code:
src="http://www.chevelles.com/wagons/jimwag.jpg"
src="http://rockymtnchevelle.home.att.net/pictures/chelly01.jpg"
src="http://www.stationwagon.com/gallery/pictures/1964_Chevy_Chevelle_300_rear.jpg"
src="http://www.gmphotostore.com/images/53218764_pr.jpg"
...even some from eBay's own server...
src="http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/8d/49/f580_1.JPG"

I anonymously wrote and ask him, "How in the world do you come up with all the information?"

He replied, "Oh i've been researching all this info since i got my 1968 Chevelle 300 Deluxe about 7 years ago and i just wanted to learn much much more about them so now i can help guys out on my website if they don't know a lot about them. I'm only 15..."

If he'd only asked someone (me for example since he used my code, data, and images) for assistance in gathering data on 300 Deluxe Chevelles, I would have been happy to assist. I think anyone here that knows me knows this to be true as I've done it numerous times in the past as many of us have.

I apologize for the long rant but I just couldn't let this pass.:noway:

Naturally I'm always on the hunt for any Chevelle information that anyone wishes to share; photos, facts, etc. PM me and I'll send you my email address. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Looks like they have shut his site down. He had a good idea if he had just done his own leg work. I sent him some good '69 300 Deluxe SS396 shots, and I'm sure lots of others would have been more than glad to help him out. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot, but don't try it on the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
It was already down early this morning. I guess Freewebs looked at it first thing and decided there was a problem. The stuff he was using from my site wasn't even 300/300 Deluxe specific, he just copied everything. If you're going to specialize, specialize.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.