Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
You should have a nice looking truck when you get her done. Shortbox :thumbsup:also.

Rob

·
Registered
18,901 Posts
wow.. a newer truck that isn't an extended cab..
if it was also a 2wd, that thing would be really rare around these parts.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hope that frame isn't tweaked. I fixed an '01 for a friend, had to do some pushing to get the frame back square forward of the crossmember. It went fairly quick with a 10 ton porta-power. ;)

Nice truck there, otherwise. Wish I could find a deal like that. Did you buy it through your buddy, or direct from his insurance? Around here, if it doesn't go through the owner, it goes to auction.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
THAT'S a total??
I guess it doesn't take much these days. Looks like you'll have a nice truck with a little work. :D
I saw an 03 Dodge ram in the junk yard the other day that had a bent bumper and one frame horn was tweaked about 1.5". The hood, grill, fenders, heck, even the engine fan were perfect! They totaled it because of the "frame damage". I don't think anyone around here knows how to fix stuff anymore. They just throw it away and buy a new one.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope that frame isn't tweaked. I fixed an '01 for a friend, had to do some pushing to get the frame back square forward of the crossmember. It went fairly quick with a 10 ton porta-power. ;)

Nice truck there, otherwise. Wish I could find a deal like that. Did you buy it through your buddy, or direct from his insurance? Around here, if it doesn't go through the owner, it goes to auction.

Frame is all good:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Nice score. :thumbsup: What engine & trans? Loaded?

LK

·
Registered
13,007 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
yeah its pretty loaded. its the 5.3 (327) im not sure which trans its auto

Should be the 4L60E. Pretty sure that is your only option on a 1500 series. Don't think the 4L80E was available til you step up to the HD series. That 5.3 is a tough little motor.

Don't mind Wally. He is just trying to to stir things up as he can't seem to take it when folks bash his Ford products on here (especially the fox bodies). Sure seems to be overly sensitive for a Marine :wacko: :D

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
o hes one of those fox body fans..... yeah they arent bad with an ls1 but kind of a waste for a ls1. Wally i junked 4 or 5 fox bodies last year maybe some day if u have one they will be rare if i have my way with them!
Mine is already rare and don't take the truck joke personal. I've been looking for a decent short bed for years. You just happened to be in the right place at the right time and I've yet to do that. Maybe one day, I will be so lucky.

Should be the 4L60E. Pretty sure that is your only option on a 1500 series. Don't think the 4L80E was available til you step up to the HD series. That 5.3 is a tough little motor.

Don't mind Wally. He is just trying to to stir things up as he can't seem to take it when folks bash his Ford products on here (especially the fox bodies). Sure seems to be overly sensitive for a Marine :wacko: :D
Really? OK, I can take in the "abuse" (or supposed to take it) but not allowed to give any out? It seems to be a double standard around here doesn't it?

Sensitive? Because I like Fords, I'm not allowed to "rib" a guy about a truck? Come on now...now who is the sensitive one?

As far as bashing goes, I could care less about who bashes Mustangs. I like to hop in and joke around like the next guy. I know what mine are capable of and how extremely dependable and durable they all have been for me, so really, I could care less what guys say. When they bring me into the mix personally, is when (not often) I had a problem. I can't help it some guys can't decide on what a good car is and what isn't. That is why some of the guys bash Fords, they picked a lemon because they either didn't know better or just got screwed over.

You are the second person that's said this, but you too fail to realize that I only hop in and kid around just like the next guy; find one thread where I started any complaining about someone talking about Ford Mustangs?

I made a comment about a guy bragging one day and I had a PM from Al asking me "why am I being so harsh"? All I freakin' said was, "bragging again huh"? (NOT one mention of the word Mustang was ever brought up by the way) to this person. I went ahead and apologized publicly (in here) and explained what I meant and so on and so forth. The person accepted my apology and I've never said another "word" to him since. I know he could care less, but the same goes for me too. But, that's not the point here.

Just because I'm not "buddies" with you guys doesn't mean I'm trying to be a smart a$$ when I make comments about the Mustang. Damn...some of you guys need to lighten up and realize when someone is joking and when they are not. Trust me...you would know if I wasn't joking. I WOULD tell you I wasn't! Oh yeah... :) ;) Just in case someone gets the wrong idea, I don't want to forget those.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I wanted to make sure you knew what I was trying to say.

Have a good day. :)

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
wow.. a newer truck that isn't an extended cab..
if it was also a 2wd, that thing would be really rare around these parts.

Really? Odd - they're a dime a dozen out here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts