Team Chevelle banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK we've been thinking about getting a new truck " CHEVY" SO I went out and got some prices of the new Chevy Silverado. 4 door 4 x 4 Ha ha ha ha ha ha. $ 48,000 For damn pick up. Kiss my rear bumper!! The they say oh were going under. That 1970 to 74 Monte carlo is looking better all the time:

G

·
To me they are so over-priced that I know it has to be so when I read where guys buy them discounted like $3500 to $7500 under.. Depending....

So go figure..

AND just try to buy a real stripper, el-cheapo, "work-truck"......... Almost impossible today..

And I seem to remember just recently that Ford was selling big trucks for less than $15,000, but I don't know how decked out they were b/c they almost couldn't give them away when gas hit darn near $3.00/gal. around here....

Columbia's Joe Machens is the LARGEST Ford Dealer in Missouri........ They CAN discount if they want to, to get your business b/c of their sales volume!!!

pdq67

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
I saw a commercial Friday night, local dealer having a sale. They said '07 GMC regular cab short box, manual trans, small engine truck would be on sale for $18k. Of course, only 1 at that price. Once you start addin' up all the extras, yep, they get expensive quick. I saw one on a lot near my work, they had some gaudy OCC themed trucks there, GMC's. Quad cab, 1/2 ton truck, done up OCC style with new seats, wheels, body moldings, hood, etc., then sticker priced at $70k :eek: They had a similarly built GMC Canyon priced at $52k. :rolleyes: They do sell them, though. That Canyon is roaming around, saw it yesterday. They did slash it to $32k right before it sold. It was parked next to the road, saw it every day while waiting at the stoplight when leaving the shop. So yeah, trucks can be ridiculous these days. That's why I don't mind driving a beater, rusty but trusty version. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,149 Posts
Thunder you should look again that 07 Silverado is a nice looking truck.What do you want it to look like,? that Mack dump truck looking thing that daimler/chrys.calls a pickup ?

·
Super Moderator
13,350 Posts
I have to agree with Thunder. I cant put my finger on the exact problem, but the front end just does not make it. Personally, I dont like the looks of any of the new trucks out there :(

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
What do you want it to look like,? that Mack dump truck looking thing that daimler/chrys.calls a pickup ?
:rolleyes:
Owned quite a few new GM trucks over the years. Got tired of the leaking intakes and piston slap.
The last two have been Dodge. Present one is an '06 Ram 2500 Cumming powered Quad. :thumbsup:

Funny thing is too I could get a hellava deal on any GM with the Employee Purchase plan. No thanks!

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Around here I can get a 4 door 4x4 chev for way under $48,000. You must have been looking at something that was completely decked out or a conversion. Hell, I looked at an 07 conversion 4x4 4door while dropping my bosses truck off for servicing and it wasn't that much, $42,000 I think, and that is fully loaded.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
The dodges aren't much better, plus its a dodge...forget that. They have always looked like crap.

The front end of the new Silverados is one of the worst designs ever. A studebaker front clip is more attractive.

The style works for the bulky SUVs and Avalanches pretty well, but the huge freaking headlights and huge cheap looking rectangular grille with that nasty fake stick on chrome look like complete trash. This is without even mentioning those gawdy fender bulges...it looks like GM wanted to rip off the Titan and the Dakota. If I want an ugly stepside I'll get a stepside...

The GMCs are a hair better but still look like crap.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like the new GMC styling. Having said that, I'll just keep driving my '97
F-350 Powerstroke that I paid $7800 cash for 3 years ago. 156,000 miles
now, just finally got it broke in!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.