Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

We are proud to announce that we will be carrying the new Tremec T-56 Magnum, rated at a whopping 700 LB-FT torque. Please find the attached details of product.

Keisler Engineering - the largest volume Tremec Elite Distributor - will have one of our first KIT installations in a media car being built at our southern California stocking distributor & installation center - D&P Classic (www.dpchevy.com) - later this month. I will be there installing the product with them on a '69 Camaro, and doing a full video shoot. I'll be able to report back with more information and video clips then.

Stay tuned and enjoy!

Shafi Keisler, pres.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Shafi,

Thanks for the info! Any news on the pricing for this unit? I'm using a new LT1 T56 behind my big block, (Bought it cheap from a dealer a number of years ago) but if ( when ) it breaks, the Magnum would be the way to go. I presume this is based on the new Tremec TR6060?

John

·
Registered
695 Posts
I presume this is based on the new Tremec TR6060?
John
Looks that way, the tech sheet even says it :)

Im psyched about this release, I always wanted nice low cruise RPM but still retain a powerful stick tranny.
I'm glad I waited instead of getting a supercase Muncie or something.
+2 on pricing and whether or not we would need to cut the floors up.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Forum members:

As has been discussed for the last 18 months on this forum the T56 Magnum has been eagerly anticipated. We at Classic Motorsports Group along with all of the Tremec distributors across the country are equally excited about the soon to be released T56 Magnum. As you know the T56 Magnum is currently not available. As soon as they are released they will be available from any Tremec distributor at the same time for the same price. For those of you that are interested in a complete T56 Magnum kit, the Classis Motorsports Group / B&M / Hurst R&D team is currently developing our new installation kits for the Chevelles.

We are currently taking orders. No deposit is required. Call for details.

Thanks

Scott
www.cms-grp.com
PH: 760-438-2244 (ext 102)

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^
SAD - a no value added post.
... And it's an advertisement asking you to give them your money for no added value in exchange. Only the same old Copy Cat 5-Speed.

Go start your own post, Scott. You don't need to copy ours, as usual.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shafi,

Thanks for the info! Any news on the pricing for this unit? I'm using a new LT1 T56 behind my big block, (Bought it cheap from a dealer a number of years ago) but if ( when ) it breaks, the Magnum would be the way to go. I presume this is based on the new Tremec TR6060?

John
Hi John,

Please check out our T-56 Magnum Essentials Kit here It has the pricing information.

And yes, it is based on the TR-6060 which has a number of improvements for torque capacity and shift quality improvement, including:
- triple cone synchro system
- shorter travel shifts
- heavier duty gears
- ground gears
... and more

It has a multiposition shifter extension housing, which allows us to provide correct shifter location for a number of applications, including Chevelle.

It will still require major modification to the tunnel as the main case shape is basically unchanged. We will make it easy with kit that has the template, metal, detailed instructions and video.

Shafi

W

·
0 Posts
Closing this thread before it degrades into a full scale pissing contest. I do believe this is a first, two vendors going at:sad::sad::sad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.